Our Lasts ☆ Chapter 1

It had been the day that my life had changed. The day it all went wrong. A day of events that are permanently scared me. A disastrous event.The sirens wailed. Blue, red and white. Taunting me. The wailing sound was the reminder of what was.

Mary Anne and I had been happily married for 45 years. The years I spent with Mary were the most magical, beautiful and amazing years of my life. She had been my high school sweetheart. We had dated for a year until we were separated by college. Under coincidental circumstance we met again in a coffee shop and sparks flew instantly. She was my love. My one and only. My heart clenched in agony, eyes burning from developing tears.

"Larry. Larry-" I was torn away from my thoughts by an officer in a blue vest towering over me as I sat on the kerb of the dust road over looking the many shrubs and bright stars.

"I would like you to give an official statement on the previous events." He said trying not to upset me further.

Grunting I complied telling him that "Mary and I had been on our way from after we had just celebrated our 45th anniversary in Ayers Rock when a kangaroo came out of no where looking like a 'deer in the headlights' the kangaroo froze in the road."

Again the burning sensation came back I tilted my head back trying to push my tears back. Restraining tears I continued on. "Since I was driving I tried to turn to the other side of the road but seeing as the kangaroo was taking up most of the road I swerved off the road hitting this tree." Taking I huge breath I looked up at the police officer who had been noting this down.

" I recommend counselling so as you can release any troubles you have so that you aren't bottling up any emotions isn't very healthy. For your mind and body," he said concerned.

Obviously I wouldn't take this up. I'm fine I can deal with this issue on on my own and i don't need some nobody telling me about my problems and judging me and my situation but to make him pleased I smile and nod gratefully.

The paramedics then put Mary in a black bag and begin to seal her up. Running towards her I ask the paramedics to wait . I then stand by Mary and wait as they unzip her duffel bag. I looked in at Mary's still, lifeless body. I can't help but shed a tear as I pick up her limp, cold hand and give it a gentle kiss and say my final goodbyes to Mary and give her the last kiss.

This is the last time I would see her. Our last touch. Our last kiss. Carrying her away I say, my last goodbye
♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡

That was more dramatic then I thought it would be. Uh if anyone reads this. Thanx. Lol. I promise it won't be nearly this sad the next few chapters. I think it kinda sucks but watevs.