Sing me a Lullaby * Chapter 11

"Dunno." He said. "I'm up for anything really."

Watching G die was probably one of the most excruciating moments of my life. Not because he was slowly rotting, oh no! It was because of the annoying groaning sounds he made.

"Arggghhghhhh. I feel like someone is eating me alive! Can you sing me a song? I could really do with a distraction." he said between annoying moans. As I opened my mouth to begin my beautiful serenade G told me "Actually maybe you shouldn't sing, no offence old man but you don't really look like a singer."

Honestly, will he ever rest? I swear even in his final hours he can't utter a kind word. It really damages my ego. I really consider myself to be very musically gifted. I'm actually being serious when I say that each time Mary and I would go to karaoke nights together I would get the loudest rounds of applause, not that I'm boasting.

Feeling quite insecure I decide to tell G that I indeed get the loudest cheers but he responds by telling me, "They only cheer that loud because they're ecstatic that the screeching you call singing is over." 

"You know what we should do?"

"No, and honestly I really don't want to,"

"We should have a sing off!" I exclaimed "I get to prove you wrong AND..."

"And what?"

"... I don't know. And good stuff." I say shrugging my shoulders.

"You say that teenagers have awful grammar but did you just hear what came out of your mouth?"

"Whatever. So sing off or no sing off?"

Seeing G sitting, well you know, like being still, thinking he decided that he had nothing better to do and he would love to woop some butt.

"Okay so now we need to decide on a judge because honestly, we will both vote for ourselves so I'll call up one of my mates an-" I was saying when I was rudely interrupted by G.

"Don't you think it would be just a bit weird if you call your friend, telling him you're having a sing off... with a fruit. Come on pal. Who's the blunt knife in the cupboard now?!"

"Ok, ok. Well then I guess we will have to vote fairly so G, no cheating."

"OK, I'll go first." As G opened his mouth to begin he squinted his eyes as if he had been dazed.

"Are you alright?"

"U.. U- Y...yeah. Just a bit dazed. It'll pass. Uh, anyway I will go." When G had opened his mouth the most beautiful sound had come out it had been like I was touched by an angel... of death! It was by far the worst thing I've heard but being the respectful person I am I only laughed quietly.

"So, who's the serenader now bish?"

"Probably still me."

I saw G begin to close his eyes with a smile on his face.

"Sing me a lullaby old man, serenade me with that amazing voice of yours." He said in a whisper between fluttered eyelids.

So taking in his command I sang him 'Say Something' by A Great Big World and Christina Aguilar As he shut his eyes he stay still and listen.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Im really bumed coz I've been getting less, and less reads. Anyway. Thats all. The last chapter will come out on friday or saturday my time so yeah. please ask your friends to check out TMG!!!