Where's the Good, in Goodbye?

Dedicated to andyrojas143 for making me the amazing cover. She truly is talented and if you like both my book covers then you should definetly check her

I had finished singing with such pride only to see G life lesson the coblestone bench top. I tried shaking him, rolling him around, poking. Yet he didn't move from his current position.

"G. Man wake up." I say growing worried. Yet, he doesn't. He doesn't do anything really.

Beginning to feel a build in my chest, my heart aching, I look at the once sassy, energetic and annoying soul that had been alive not only 4inutes ago.

I wasn't prepared to day the least. I would have thought I could do something, make him stay just a little longer.

Turning my head slightly, unable to look at him anymore, I realise that GP had been my saving grace. He had been with me no more than 1 day but he had made me forget

He helped numb the pain periodically.

Now all I felt was a numb aching. Iissed Mary again. I was once again lonely.

Looking back at G I decided that I couldn't just leave him there so going into my room and rummaging through my draws I retrieve a shoe box.

Gently taking G in my hands I put him in the box, but not before telling him that Grape Fruit was a pretty demented name. Smiling as I lay him in the box I realise that without G I would probably still have this ache in my heart. It hadn't been very long but he helped me remember that life is short and I shouldn't dwell in the past.

I sat on the stool trying to decide where I would bury him when I decided to take him to Bayside Memorial, where Mary had been buried, and lay him down next to Mary. Although he hadn't been arounf much he had made quite an impact on my life and he should be next to Mary seeing as the are probably the only people that really got to know me.

I drove in the quietness of the car. Hearing the gravel moving agaisnt the tires and being flicked up. The crunch of the tare. As we drove past the gates of Bayside Memorial.

I took G's shoebox off of the passenger seat, along with a small bag with a spade and a few flowers  and walked to Mary's tombstone. As I walked toward her  I realized that this had been the first time I had visited Mary since her funeral. I walked slowly brushing my finger tips on her smooth tombstone. 'RIP Mary Anne Hamlett. Daughter and Wife' the tombstone read.

I took my spade out of my bag and dug a small hole next to Mary. I gently took G out and placed him in and covered the home with dirt. Stepping back I say "Thank you G, you are pretty cool, even though you annoy me more than anyone has in my 68 years of life. I'm really going to miss your smart remarks." Chuckling I add "I hope you annoy Mary as much as you annoyed me."

Taking the flowers from my bag I go to Mary and give her tombstone a hug. I miss her but I have to keep going. I have to be strong for her. I place the flowers on the dirt patch in front of the white stone and utter how much I love her. Getting up from my kneeling position I go to my car and make my way home but not before placing a single daisy on G's grave and saying goodbye. Now where's the good in goodbye because everything I feel is anything but good.(A/N the script reference!)

+++++++++

Thank you to @AndyRojas143 again