Chapter 21

“Dear Diary,
the following days were amazing, everything went great. Cordelia and me kept our relationship still a secret and sometimes it was hard to not act like a couple in front of the others in the Academy. But something is weird. Cordelia and Zoe are fighting sometimes when they're thinking that I'm not around, but I heard them fighting and earlier this day Zoe wanted to talk to me about something, but I hadn't time to speak to her. In a few minutes I will search Zoe and ask her what she wanted to tell me. I'm a little bit curious. Oh and I want to plan a really special date for Cordelia and me, but I don't know what to do.

Love,
(your first letter)”

I closed my diary and put it under my bed. My fingers scratched my chin, as I thought about some ideas for the date with Cordelia, but nothing came to my mind. I sighed and stood up, deciding to search for Zoe. My search brought me to the garden and I saw Zoe sitting on the swing in deep thoughts. “Hey Zoe” I said loudly and she jumped from the swing. “Oh my God (Y/N) you scared the shit out of me” Zoe said and held her hand over her heart. “I'm sorry” I smiled at her and she smiled back. “What can I do for you?” Zoe asked me and sat down on the swing again. “That's what I wanted to ask you” I smirked and looked down to Zoe. I leaned against the tree and observed her.

She seemed nervous and she scratched her neck. “What is it Zoe?” “Do you want to go out with me?” She asked abruptly and I stood there like a deer caught in light. “I... um what?” Zoe stood up and took my hand. “I want to take you out. Between us is this connection, I only felt once in my life and I really want to explore where it could lead.” My eyes widened and I stood a step back. “I can't Zoe.” “Why not? It's not like you're in a relationship or something” Zoe screamed at me and I was so shocked. “What is wrong with you Zoe? Why are you screaming at me?” My neck tingles and I quickly turned around.

Cordelia stood in the door frame and was staring at us. “Cordelia?” Zoe and me asked at the same time.  “What's going on here? I heard screaming” Cordelia asked and came closer. I looked into her eyes and immediately saw that she was angry, no not angry furious. Oh shit, I thought and bit my lip. “Zoe asked me out” I said to her and scratched my neck. She narrowed her eyes and looked at Zoe. “And why are you two screaming at each other?” “She refused and I got mad” Zoe told Cordelia and stormed inside. We looked after her and then Cordelia touched my shoulder with hers and whispered “So, you refused her?” I glanced at her and couldn't stop the smile. “Yeah, because I'm taken” I whispered back and my hand brushed against hers. “What? Really?” Cordelia said fake shocked. “Yes, to the best woman on earth” I smirked and walked into the house.