Chapter -28

Shattered Dreams
Chapter 28 / by; mike hurley
'Chocolate Cake'

Ty relaxed; he had 4 minutes to spare, and was on question #80, the last one..... and the last question was always an easy one......

80). Name the 4 major organ systems evaluated in canine Rapid Triage (less than 5 minutes).

Ty typed in: cardiovascular, respiratory, renal, & neurological.

He wondered why the Professor wasted everyone's time with such a rudimentary test question. But he gave a thumbs up to Shane, who finished the test at the same time. They could easily pass for brothers.

What are you doing for lunch Ty??

Actually, lab doesn't start till noon today so I'm meeting Andrea downtown for coffee.

Andrea!!?? Seriously Ty, you're dating 2 girls at once?? You're almost as bad as I am!!

Ty laughed & replied; actually Shane, I'm not dating either one, I'm just going to explain to Andrea that I want to sort of put her, I mean us, on hold.....until I figure out what's going on with me & Amy.

Ty!! You're going to hurt Andrea's feelings like that!! You don't put a girl on hold while you make out with another one!!

Shane!! I'm not making out with Amy, I'm not doing anything with her actually!!

What's the chances you & Amy will get back together??

Ty thought for a minute & said; when she showed up at the clinic, it was about 5%;
Now, I'd put it at 25%.

You need glasses man!! Amy is a beautiful person and she's gorgeous!! Why haven't you kissed her Ty?? I mean seriously!! That night at the Boonery, I swear over 100 guys were checking her out. Amy's a head turner Ty!!
You better turn your head and notice!!
Plus!! Amy told me she loves you!!

I suppose you want to kiss her, Shane??!!

Ty!! Don't go there, man!!
You know I would never do that & you just hurt my feelings!! I thought we were friends!! That was really low & uncalled for Ty!!

I'm sorry Shane!! I never should have said that!!
I'm just rattled still with breaking up with Ellie & Amy showing up out of no where!!

I get it Ty!! Plus school is hard!! Chemistry is kicking my butt!!

Ty's cell beeped with a text.....

'Ty I hope you're doing ok today, not too sleepy.
I'd like to invite a few people over for dinner tonight. Is that ok Ty??
Could you invite Shane??
6:30 or whenever. I'm making my mum's beef veggie soup'. It's your favorite.

Ty handed his cell to Shane.....

Are you going to tell her no!! I haven't had a real home cooked meal since Sunday at Barbara & Erik's!!

Ty shook his head yes and smiled. He wasn't sure why, but he sort of liked Amy living in his apartment.

He typed back; sure.

Ty & Shane said goodbye.

Good luck with Andrea!!

Thanks!!

🍅🌽🧀

Amy walked into the Food Lion Grocery Store, & grabbed a shopping cart, then sat on a bench to tie her tennis shoe. She pulled her cell phone out and opened Ty's text and read it for the 14th time.

Amy, I appreciate you coming to the airport & standing next to me when Ellie ran to her car.
Thanks for walking with me & Shane for ice cream and offering to get hot cocoa @ 3:00 am. That meant a lot to me Amy.
I'm glad you're in Boone.
Ty