Blake stood there frozen as the King left the room and out of the house. She didn't know how long she was in a trace for but when she was able to finally move she took her cup and throw it out of the room, followed by her plate.

The next thing that happened she was crying. She couldn't take it anymore. he said he loved her but she couldn't be with him. she just couldn't. she was dying and nothing was going to stop that. this wasn't any fairy tale where the prince kissed the princess and then they leave happily ever after. No, this was a story about a girl who was going to die and leave her mate behind. She couldn't give him anything and what hurt her most was what he told her and what she couldn't tell him.

Eric sat in the doctor's office waiting for the pack doctor to come out. After waiting for two hours the doctor finally came in. "I'm sorry about the wait for your highness. How may I help you?"

"Beta Blake, I want her medical fila."

"I'm sorry but I can't do that. without her consent, I can't give you any information about her medical history."

"I'm her mate," he argued.

"I'm sorry but I can't," Dr. Milliken said.

"Are you telling me that you are going against your King."

"I'm afraid I am, your highness. Don't get me wrong normally I would but not hers."

"And why not," Eric yelled, "I know there is something wrong with her! last night I found her outside the border limping, and the next morning she has no idea what happened. Then I hear that she was shot by a silver bullet and had to overcome many surgeries. Not to mention she doesn't or refused to the knowledge that I'm her mate. so tell me, doctor, what the hell you do what me to think? Even Ross is worried about her but she doesn't tell him anything. So what is wrong with my mate."

Dr. Milliken shook his head, running his hands through his salt and pepper hair. "Oh, Blake," he whispered. "She is a stubborn one isn't she," he smiled worriedly. "are you certain that she is your mate?"

"Yes."

Nodding his head, Dr. Milliken came around his desk and sat down. He bent down and opened a drew, pulling out a thick binder. "Before I give you this, I'm trusting you that you will not give this information to anyone, not even Blake or Ross. I may as well lose my position but Blake deserves to be happy." He passed the binder over, "These are all information about her surgeries, times she came to visits after fighting rouges, all of that is her life."

"Her life?"

nodding his head, "Yes, she spent most of her days here."

Eric flipped through pages and pages until one spoked out, it was of her first surgery at the age of fifteen with a note at the end of the report saying she would not be able to bear a child. Carefully looking at it he continued to read every single one until he came across the last few pages. Eric wished he knew how to read the X-rays that he had come across but the last note that was left form the doctor read, 'She doesn't have much time. All surgeries have failed.'

"What the hell is this," he muttered, unsure if he read it right.

Dr. Milliken looked at the note and closed his eyes and opened them again. "A week before your arrival it was clear to us no matter what we did, the silver in her body was going to grow like cancer. What we didn't realize that it found its way into her bones and quickly spread in a matter of days. Last week I had told Blake it was time to tell everyone of the matter and possibly take it in the moon goddesses' hands. But it seems she would rather carry the burden alone then have people pity her. She had me promise not to tell and to keep it secret."

"That doesn't tell me why she doesn't recognize me as her mate."

"I don't think her wolf is strong enough to reach her anymore. I expected that if her wolf was ever able to come to the surface it would have been when she was asleep or from the help of her mate. I also had hoped that maybe just maybe having a mate would help her in some way but I guess she is just not ready."

"How much longer does she have doctor," Eric whispered trying to keep his wolf at bay. When the doctor didn't answer right away he yelled,  "How much longer!" 

"A week or less," he finally said.

Eric collapsed by a nearby chair and covered his face with his hands. he wouldn't believe this. He finally found her and she didn't have much time left. all the things she had said to him was keeping him from her to protect him. Last night when they were so close to being one she said it would have been only one nightstand. She wasn't pushing him away because she had another lover. it was because she was dying. 

"I'm sorry your highness," the doctor said.

"Dr. Milliken," there was a knock at the door.

"Yes," he answered.

"Your next appointment is waiting in room two, sir."

"Thank you, I will be out shortly." Once the nurse was gone Dr. Milliken knees in front of Eric. "I'm sorry, your highness. There is nothing more we can do."

"There has to be something. anything to save her," Eric didn't release how cracked his voice sounded.

"There is nothing we can do that we already tried. All we have is the Moon Goddess to bless us a miracle at this point," Dr. Milliken rests a hand on the King's knee. "Your mate needs you, your highness. Be with her, love her, and make her happy. Cherish the moments that you have left with her," and with that, the doctor left the office.