Chapter 3: Fleeting Reality

Comenzar desde el principio

"Box of novels? Wasn't that meant for the trash?"

"What? No! I was still reading them!"

"You have too many anyways, I threw them out."

"You-- Ugh."

Not wanting to curse out my own mother, I hang up the phone and rushed to the garbage bin outside our home.

Rummaging through the trash filled with leftover food and dripping waste, I found my box of books. Pulling out Author Yu's novel, I was heart broken to see it drenched in my parents' nasty orange tea.

"Nooo. Whyyy?"

My favorite pick-me-up. My favorite novel signed by Author Yu, Yearning Desires of Youthful Hearts.

I was able to receive the signed novel from Author Yu through an online contest, and she had wrote a lovely message along with her signature.

Thank you for being a supporter. You are special to me. I will cheer you on too. -- Yu

"Why... didn't you at least put them in the recycling bin?!" I yelled to the sky as injustice burned inside my chest.

"Why can't I live among my fantasy in the novels I read? Real life really sucks!"

The sky roars and flashes of light blinds me. I could feel heavy rain drops landing on my body.

"No! No! My novels!"

Quickly placing my novels into the cardboard box my mom threw out, I found the damn thing to be so heavy. How did my mom ever carry it out?!

The rain soaked into the box allowing it to double the weight. Running through the yard, I came to a stop when the books ripped through the bottom of the box and landed on my feet.

"Ow!"

The rain maliciously tore away at my novels, dismembering their fragile bodies.

"Oh, no! Yearning Desires!" It was flipped open to the front page. Author Yu's writing melted off the paper into an inky liquid.

"Why are you so unfair?!" Yelling again at the crying skies, I let out my frustrations.

"I can't ever be happy in this world... Why must you take this away from me?! You're a big bully!"

The dark clouds rumbled with enmity. A sharp ray of glowing sparks spearheaded in my direction down from the unknown.

"Ack!"

I was struck by lightening for offending the heavens. Oh, what a Female Lead Immortal thing to do, to receive lightening strikes as punishment.

But I wasn't Immortal. I was an average human being!

I had lost conciousness. Or perhaps, I had died even.

Only when I opened my eyes, I realized I wasn't dead. I was very much alive and in pain! My head and my ankle! Throbbing pain!

"Young Master, you're awake!" A young boy stood at the side of the cot I was sleeping on.

"Huh? What?" I couldn't make out where I was or what was happening.

"Young Master! I was so worried!" The boy began to cry and puddles accumulated where he stood.

"What happened?" I ask not able to sit up or move at all.

"It's all because of that bastard Runze! He caused you to fall off your horse during the royal hunt!"

"He what? Runze..." I mumbled.

Sounds familiar... that name.

"Yes, Young Master! I will take revenge for you."

"But who... are you?" I asked the boy.

His eyes grew big and mouth wide open. Shaking, he said, "Dear heavens... Young Master's injury is far worse than expected! I must have Physician Huang come immediately!"

He ran off foolishly out the opening of this large tent.

Royal hunt? Fell off horse?

"Have I really transmigrated?!" Suddenly all my energy returned, and I sat up on the cot I was lying in.

"Ow, my head." I placed my hand to the bandages around my head. A look at my fingers and I could tell I had bled a bit from the injury.

"He said the name Runze..."

Lightbulb! Runze is the male lead in Yearning Desires! I can't believe it! Am I finally fated to date and mate with such a fine man? Of course, I've only read descriptions of his appearance, but the men are always eye candy in novels.

"Aren't I the main character Liu Ying? Why was that man calling me Young Master?"

The answer was easy... because I was not the main character.