32 Do You Love Me?

Start from the beginning

He politely put out his hand to help me stand and we both rose from the bench. His gaze glanced disapprovingly over my dress and he gestured to it.

"I know it's not me...I just wanted to impress him." I admitted, embarrassed. "All that crying has tired me out. I think I'll just go to bed now."

Felix escorted me to my bedroom and I peeked inside before entering in case Louis was there. The room was empty thankfully, so I went in and got ready for bed before climbing under the cold sheets.

• Louis' POV •

I was sat at the bar, another drink in my hand as I listened to the grandfather clock nearby strike 3AM. Harry was beside me, half asleep on the counter. I shoved him and he almost fell off his stool.

"You're not loud to leave me here alone to wallow in my misery." I said, gulping down the contents of the glass.

"Mate it's the middle of the night. When are you going to bed? Everyone else is gone." Harry groaned in annoyance.

"Can't go to sleep. I got a wife who doesn't love me in my bed. Can't sleep next to that." I slurred, throwing my empty glass behind me so I could hear it shatter. "Another."

The bartender poured me another whiskey and I made sure he didn't dilute it this time. He would pay for that tomorrow...or today.

"You're gonna get alcohol poisoning if you don't stop." Harry reasoned.

"Who cares? Definitely not Aria." I lifted the glass to my lips, but Harry snatched it from my hands.

"You've had enough. I won't stand here and watch you hurt yourself. I know you're upset but-"

I stood from my stool, wobbling on my feet. Damn...I wouldn't be surprised if I fell over. "Harry you fùckin fool. Gimme that back or I'll punish you."

"No, you won't, because you won't remember this and even if you did, you'd thank me." He replied, dumping the whiskey onto the floor.

"Harry!" I yelled, attempting to shove him to the floor, but only ended up losing my balance and I fell on the floor myself.

"Bartender! Get me some bourbon." I demanded, settling down on the floor against the bar since I knew there was no way I could stand up.

"Louis!" Harry groaned in irritation.

"Go away!" I shouted at him. "Let me sit here and feel sorry for myself."

He knelt down, a few feet away in case I tried to hit him, which I would have. "Listen. Just give her time. I'm positive she'll care for you eventually."

"She doesn't love me. She'll never love me. She'll never care." My voice cracked and I hiccupped.

"She will." Harry insisted.

"No she won't! She hates me! She despises me!" I yelled, kicking the stool beside me so it toppled over.

"How do you feel about her?" Harry asked quietly.

Turning my wobbly head toward him, I slowly blinked. "I think I'm in love with her."

Harry's eyebrows rose. "You think so?"

"I know so." My head bobbed.

"Tell her that." He said.

"She would just laugh in my face and remind me of how little she cares about me." I snorted and then shouted, "Where's my bourbon!?"

"Louis...you're being such a child." Harry groaned.

"If I don't get a bottle in five seconds I'm personally beating your ass." I threatened, feeling dizzy. "One."