With an exaggerated wave of his arm, Taeyong quickly dipped down in a bow, one eyebrow arched up as his head tilted up to meet Jimin's gaze with his own. "So sorry to keep you waiting." Jimin knew his words weren't genuine. Taeyong straightened up. "We passed by a quaint little bar and I just had to explore." He took his seat at the very end of the table, the other head of the table across from where Jimin sat. Mark stayed standing by the door, on the opposite side Jungkook did not occupy.

Jimin's fist clenched. Please, take a seat, he thought bitterly to himself. He released a forced chuckle as he took his seat. "Ah, I see. I hope you didn't drink too much, at least."

Taeyong rested his chin on his palm, staring boredly up at the ceiling. "On the contrary, I didn't drink nearly enough."

Jimin was seconds from losing his composure. Eunjae's eyebrows knit at Taeyong's lack of manners and brazen disrespect. She scribbled away on her notepad, lips curled inwards.

"Let's bypass the small talk and address the matter at hand," Jimin suggested, though he left no room for argument.

Taeyong sighed. "That is so like you, Jimin. You really haven't changed since I saw you last."

Jimin's hands joined together in front of him on the table as he leaned forward, his expression turning more serious. "What were your soldiers doing crossing our perimeter, Taeyong?"

If the question caught the prince by surprise, he surely didn't show it as his easy, care-free expression remained. He waved his hand dismissively. "Oh, I'm sure it was nothing. Perhaps they were lost."

Jimin bitterly chucked at the absurd statement. "Really?" Taeyong nodded and Jimin scoffed. "Perhaps. And as for the spies we caught attempting to infiltrate the castle, I suppose they must have been lost, too," he mocked.

"Who's to say," Taeyong shrugged innocently, lips turned upwards in amusement. Eunjae shook her head to herself. Jungkook rolled his eyes since no one was watching him and him and Namjoon shared an irritated look.

Jimin grabbed a cup and the pot that held the coffee, not planning to actually drink it but needing to focus and hone in on something to maintain his composure. While tipping the pot above the cup, his gaze was trained on the dark liquid streaming out as he spoke, "Listen, Taeyong. I don't know what sort of game you're trying to play," he placed the pot back on the table before the coffee spilled over the cup, "but I will not sit idly by. I will protect my country at all costs."

Taeyong grinned cheekily. "My, my, I never pictured you to be a sentimentalist."

Jimin gritted his teeth, stirring some sugar into the coffee. "We will be keeping the men we've captured in our custody. I'm sure with a little..." he trailed off for a moment with a superior smirk playing at his lips, "convincing, they'll be much more conversational, seeing as this meeting has been an utter waste of time."

Taeyong's smile managed to remain obstinate as he laughed at Jimin's words, causing the latter's eye to twitch with irritation. "You've already convinced yourself those men were sent by me, so I see no reason to try and persuade you otherwise."

Jimin turned serious once again, expression blank and neutral. "If I get whim of you sending more men or making any sort of move against my country, I promise you, I will not hesitate to-"

"Be careful, Jimin," Taeyong interrupted with a tut, speaking to him with a tone similar to how a child would be chastised, "What is said now cannot be unsaid. We wouldn't want a civil conversation to turn into a declaration of war."