Chapter 35: Tom, My Riddle

Comenzar desde el principio

"Don't worry, I'll be fine and won't overwork myself."

"But why starting a news paper?" Ron asked.

"Because The Daily Prophet is propaganda and they've got monopoly on telling the news. We think it's important to have different news channels, that way the truth can be told even if someone tries to stop it. We plan on being that second newspaper that tells the true stories that The Daily Prophet tries to hide." Harry said proudly.

"You believe The Daily Prophet isn't truthful?" Ron sounded astounded.

"I know they aren't truthful." Harry gritted his teeth together. "Everything they're writing about me, Tom and the previous death eaters are all lies. They're trying to break the peace treaty. They want to send us to jail."

"Well no one was arrested for the crimes they committed. Those death eaters killed people!" Ron said angrily.

Harry narrowed his eyes dangerously, "So did wizards and witches on your so innocent and sweet side, but no one is claiming that they should be sent to jail."

"Because they did it for a good reason!"

"No, murder is murder, but it was war, either get killed or kill. The rules were the same for both of the sides. And it was only a good reason for the side they represented. Tom and the death eaters also thought they fought for a good reason."

"So what did your side fight for? Blood supremacy? You think that's a good reason?" Ron snarled.

"They fought for freedom! To take back power from the ministry because they abused it." Harry said rapidly, "However, the outcome was bad as we know, and now we must prevent it from happening again. If The Daily Prophet keep on spewing lies they could rally another war."

Ron nodded tiredly, "I guess your side have a valid argument that people should hear as well."

Hermione agreed, "I never thought about the background why the death eaters were created and went against the ministry... We were always told that they were pure evil, but after meeting you I know that it isn't true."

Harry smiled, "Thanks Hermione!"

"Okay let's do this then." Tom said.

"This is so weird." Ron muttered loudly.

"Don't worry Ronnie, this is perfectly normal." Lord Voldemort teased wickedly.

Ron was peering at the dangerous lord behind a messy amount of red hair, still not believing what was going on. Perhaps George and Fred was playing a prank on him? That made more sense than this...

"So who should join our secret mission?" Hermione asked.

Harry smiled, "My parents want to spend every waking moment with me, so I guess they'll want to do it and of course there's my sweet Tom."

Ron rolled his eyes.

"Hm... Oh, and Neville Longbottom could write about magical herbs." Harry said happily.

"You know Neville?" Ron asked surprised.

Voldemort sighed, "Oh don't even get him started. Harry grew up on an island and is excellent with plants, so he hangs out with that boy almost every day. They're obsessed about exchanging information. It's excruciating torture listening to them when they compare leaves and manure..."

"He's the one that introduced me to Hermione." Harry chirped.

"But how did you get to know Neville?"

"Draco introduced us. He knows about my passion for herbs."

Ron did a grimace, "Ew, Malfoy."

Harry's eyes went wide, "I forgot about Draco, we should ask him to join us as well."

"Not Malfoy..." Ron grumbled.

"Okay so... Voldemort, Harry, Lily, James, Neville, Draco, Ron and me. That's eight people." Hermione counted.

"Call me Tom, please..."

"Sure." Hermione said awkwardly.

"I think Astoria would like to join too..."

"Okay nine."

"Do you have anyone you can think of?" Harry asked.

"Hm.. Yeah, I've got some I can ask." Hermione answered.

"Great."

They all looked at each other with curiosity.

"Congratulations on the baby by the way." Ron smiled genuinely.

Harry and Tom smiled brighter than the sun, "Thanks Ronnie!"

Ron's smile faltered, "Don't tell me that You-know-who will call me Ronnie..."

Everyone ignored him, and Hermione changed the topic, "What should we call the news paper?"

Harry smiled, "What about Riddle?"

"I like it!" Hermione laughed.

"Tom, My Riddle..." Harry whispered into his lover's ear, "Do you also like it?"

"I do."

____________________________________________

Words: 1224

Important: I'm going to let this message stay up here until I've completed the book. If you want to read the sequal and new edits, then put the book in archive and you'll get notifications about these updates, otherwise I hope you enjoyed the book this far. Thanks for reading! ❤️