Chapter 3: First Impressions

[( Hey guys!  I haven't update this story in a while, so I figured I'll update now!  I hope you guys are liking this story so far, and I'm sorry I haven't written in forever!!  I've just been so busy with school and sports and then my laptop broke and I had to get it fixed, so it's been difficult to continue my writing!  Anways, ily and ONTO THE STORY! )]

Toby's POV:

Today is my first day of school at Rosewood High and I'm really nervous that I'll run into Spencer and be at a loss for words again...  Hopefully she'll forget who I am.

I throw on some normal school clothes, not believing in the whole first-day-first-impression thing, and head downstairs to get breakfast.  Downstairs, I find a half-eaten donut with a note to me attached:

Tobes,

Had to get going early this morning.  Didn't have time to make my own breakfast, so I took a couple bites of yours.  Hope you don't mind.

-Wren

I roll my eyes, crumble up the note, and toss it in the trash.  I pick up the bitten donut and shrug, as I take a bite and walk out the door.

When I arrive at Rosewood High, I sling my backpack over my shoulder and head towards the front enterance.  That's when I hear my name being called, and I quickly whip around to see Spencer and three other girls smiling at me.

"Hey Toby!  I saw you walking inside, so I thought I'd see if I could help you find any of your classes!" she explains, giving that same cute smile she gave the day she came to our house.  Pointing to the tiny brunette first, she begins to introduce the girls she is with.  "This is Aria," she says.  Pointing to the slender, chic blonde, she continues, "This is Hanna,"  finally, gesturing towards the warm-faced, dark-skinned brunette, she says, "and this is Emily.  Girls, this is Toby!" she finishes.

"Hello," I say, waving awkwardly.

"Spence, he's cute!" her friend Hanna whispers, "is he available?  Because if you don't hit it, I definitely will," she finishes.  Spencer elbows her in the arm, earning a sharp "Ow!" from Hanna.

I blush while Hanna looks me up and down, smiling matter-of-factly.

Spencer ushers me into the school, along with Aria, Hanna, and Emily.  We stop in the foyer and Spencer and I say goodbye to the girls as they head off to their own classes.  Leaving just me and her to look over my schedule, I catch her glance and our eyes lock for a split second, before she pulls away and looks down, blushing.  I smile to myself as we begin to walk down the hallway.

"Looks like we have our 1st period AP English together!  Mr. Fitz is great; you'll love him!" Spencer exclaims, continuing to ramble on about how much she loves English, and the class. However, I become distracted with her beauty and lose focus, resulting in an awkward cough from Spencer.

"Oh, oh yeah, sounds great," I reply, hoping my answers suits the form of the question she just asked me.

"Toby, I asked you what your favorite subject was," she chuckles.

Darn.

"Sorry, I zoned out there for a sec," I answer, mentally screaming as she gives me a weird look, followed by a cute laugh.  She then loops her arm in mine, throwing me into a state of shock, and guides me into the class.

Expecting to see an old, wrinkly, man struggling to figure out how to work the class computer as our teacher, I see a young, mid-twenties, man standing at the front of the room.  I glance over at Spencer, and catch her slightly drooling at Mr. Fitz, along with the rest of the girls in the class.