The doctor looked up at me and raised an eyebrow. 

"Yes, I'm aware," she stated as she continued to unplug me from the monitor.

There was a silence while I tried to process my thoughts.

"I'm sorry I just can't process why you would treat me. Surely as a prisoner it doesn't matter if I am anaemic or not."

The doctor smiled knowingly.

"I just do as I am told. To me it doesn't matter who you are. If you need help I will help, prisoner or not."

We sat in silence for a bit more and the doctor walked over to a cupboard and brought back a grey top and trousers.

"Here, you can get changed into these."

I take them from her hands and I realise for the first time I am wearing what looks like a hospital gown.

"What happened to my clothes?" I ask and the doctor smirks.

"Honey they are no use to you now." She nods over to the bin where what looks like they were my clothes have been chucked in. Though I can't tell for sure since they were ripped up into pieces as if an animal had got to them.

I raise my eyebrows but don't question it as I slip the top and shimmee into the trousers.

"You know-" the doctor starts as she stands away from me, leaning against the counter while observing me, "you're a really sick little girl."

I feel somewhat offended at the abrupt statement.

I'm speechless; what am I supposed to say.

"Like your body," the Doctor continues as she takes a step towards me, "is always trying to shut down. In fact, it's almost like your body is just trying to kill you." I watch as she circles around me like a vulture circling a prey. "I'm just in wonder at how you are still alive. It's basically a medical wonder."

I know she was just curious but her tone was grinding on me now.

"Yeah my parents worked hard to keep me alive." I try to speak boldly but the mention of my parents make me weak.

Sympathy flashes quickly though the doctors eyes. "But they would have had to have done more than 'work hard' to keep you alive. I mean you must have been isolated, kept away from anything that can harbour bacteria, kept in a protective bubble." I don't say anything and it seems to have finally clicked in her mind.

"Ohh," she whispers, "that's-that must have been hard."

I sigh, yeah it's a hard life

Suddenly a bright smile fills the Doctors face. I mean the smile was so wide I thought her cheeks were gonna split open.

"But don't you worry!" she exclaims, making me flinch. "I have fixed you."

My mouth falls open and I just stare at the woman in front of me with an expression of shock, worry... disgust?

"What do you mean by you fixed me?" 

The woman hops around excitedly, a complete change from the professional woman I met when I woke up.

No, this woman was crazy. Totally and utterly bonkers.

"You see I gave you a blood transfusion and I'm serious it's fixed you."

Oh my gosh.

I felt like bursting into laughter. Like this situation was just too funny. I began to suspect that this woman might not actually be a doctor. In fact, perhaps she was a prisoner too who just went crazy and decided to pretend to be a doctor.