III. ForthBeam (3)

By the time we reached our second year, the whole engineering faculty knows me as the engineering devil's fallen angel. I've received the senior's support in courting Forth because I somehow fit their standards that they almost consider me as one of their own. It's a good thing that I'm charming, otherwise, I would have a hard time getting through the second years as I'm courting their leader.

I was in the engineering faculty, on my way to meet Forth for lunch at their food court when I saw Bella talking with a group of girls. "Hey, Bella."

She looked at me with wide eyes and clasped hands, "Beam! Can I ask you for a favor? I'm really in a hurry for my dance class."

"Sure, what is it?"

Relieved, she took out a black binder. "I just need you to give this back to Forth. Be careful though. He was in a bad mood earlier."

I smiled as I took it from her. "Don't worry. I'll be fine."

"Mhmm," she looked at me from head to toe, raising an eyebrow. "Trust me. You haven't seen him like this."

Waving my hand around, I dismissed her earlier statement. "I'm used to it. If it's as bad as you say it is then maybe its a good thing for me to be there so that I can stop him from doing something he'll regret. "

She pursed her lips, " If you're sure." Backing away from me, she continued. "Please be patient with my friend. You know how hot-tempered he is."

"Hey, it's part of his charm."

With one last look at me, they all rolled their eyes, "You are hopeless."

I just chuckled as I walked towards the second year hazers' table.

"Hey, Forth...and friends."

The said person merely gave a sarcastic smile while the rest were enthusiastically waving at me.

"Beam! We missed you! It's been a while since we've seen you," Max shouted when I sat next to Forth, taking the seat where his bag was.

Forth rolled his eyes, standing up to leave.

Lam piped up "but don't you miss-?" Cut off by Max elbowing him.

Before he could walk away I pushed him to sit down and thrust the binder into his hands. "I'll get our lunch. Why don't you look through this first? Bella told me to give this to you."

I bought two sets of sisig with rice and bottled water for us.

Placing the tray on the table, I started to eat until I noticed that he's not eating.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"I need to go," he sighed then left the table looking tired.

Standing up, I went after him, hooking a finger around his belt loop and tugging him towards me, making him gasp as our hips meet.

I leaned in closer so that only he could hear.

I hissed, "Sit down and eat. I'm sorry that I didn't get to see you these past few days.." Sighing, I continued, "but please, just this once.. do what I say without making a fuss. I'm tired right now and I want to spend more time with you.

Please."

He stared at me with wide eyes and his mouth parted slightly. What shocked me was that he just nodded without protest while a barley noticeable blush spread to his ears.

Ahhh, so cute.

We sat down and ate in silence. His friends didn't even seem fazed by the awkward atmosphere between us and started to make conversation.