Seriously? [5]

[Vashen: Alright, book time. I kinda have a good plan set up for this bad boi, but my main issue is making it seem natural. I don't want the bit this chapter is gonna be focused on to seem too forced or anything, but we'll see. Also, I'm already on chapter 5. Jeez, seems kinda wack, eh? I do have a plan to keep this bad boi going, so let's hope I can actually keep committed to it this time, huh? Anyway, if you'll excuse me, I have to go write this chapter.]

You peered in through the glass of the clothing store, 'Ye Olde Cloth Shoppe'. You had been eyeing a particular set of clothes, but before you could buy them, you kinda got robbed. As you sadly drooled over the clothes that you would've liked to get, you heard a familiar voice.

???: "You ready to go, or do you need more time?" You snapped out of your daze to see Marie standing behind you, dressed in something way more casual than you usually saw her in. A green jacket with a black shirt, shorts, sneakers, a green cap, and a white mask over her mouth to help conceal her identity.

Y/N: "O-Oh, no I'm ready to go." 

Marie: "Alright, follow me." She turned and started walking off, and you followed her. 

Y/N: "So why do you need the mask and the hat?"

Marie: "Why do you think? It'd be a bit of a hassle if everyone saw me here..."

Y/N: "Well, the first time I saw you I didn't know what the Squid Sisters were."

Marie: "Well, unlike you, other people are cultured." 

Y/N: Yowch.

The two of you arrived at the building. Marie casually walked in, letting you hesitate just for a second before you walked in after her. Inside, the place seemed.. decent enough, and near the door was a wooden statue.

???: "A new face, huh?" You looked around, confused.

Y/N: "Uh, yeah."

???: "Over here, kid." You turned back towards the statue to see it wiggled when it talked. 

Y/N: "....Oh. Sorry about that."

???: "Huh. You're not really making a big deal about this."

Y/N: "Well you look like you have better things to do than deal with my mental breakdown, so I kinda felt like I'd just save it for later."

???: "You sure?"

Y/N: "Ah, yeah. Yeah, I'm good." 

???: "Alright."

The statue introduced himself as Mr. Grizz, and he explained to you the basics of what his work entailed. He handed you a forum, and you kinda just skimmed over it and signed it before getting changed with the clothes he had provided. After a bit, you joined up with Marie and got onto the boat. 

Marie was wearing the usual gear, but she had mask that covered her mouth on. So did two other people, but you assumed it was probably because it gets smelly or dusty there? Either way, it'd be odd for everyone else to be wearing a mask. 

You and the three others arrived at the Spawning Grounds, where you all Super Jumped off the boat and landed on said grounds. Marie leaned over to you as the other two started inking the place up.

Marie: "Good luck." She went off to go set up. You nervously chuckled.

Y/N: Why do I somewhat regret what's going on...? 

For the first round, you focused mainly on staying alive. You delivered eggs when needed, but besides that, you didn't want to be a hindrance, so you mainly stayed near the basket and took care of baddies there.