57. sick boyfriends & naps

Start from the beginning

"Uh, what do you think?" He rolled his eyes.

"You asshole! You were supposed to wait for me!" I grabbed my hairbrush which lay on my dressing table, throwing at him.

"Hey!" Kaleb yelped, successfully dodging the hairbrush. "I couldn't wait."

"You better not spoil it for me," it was my turn to roll my eyes.

"Then watch it fast. I don't know how long I can keep all that good stuff to myself."

"How'd you even watch it? You resumed your illegal act?" I resumed my journey to the bathroom.

"It's not illegal. It's common sense," he replied proudly.

So, here's what Kaleb does. He believed "there was no point wasting good money" on monthly subscriptions to Netflix, so he created a new account every month, used the free trial for 30 days, and then cancelled his subscription to days before the free trial expired.

"I know you're still thinking of my awesome ways. Can you now see it's common sense?" Kaleb yelled, and I rolled my eyes. Again. "Hey! You've got a text from your significant other."

"Significant other? Who still calls it that?" I chuckled. "What does it say?" I asked, flushing the toilet, washing my hands and making my way out of the bathroom.

"Apparently, he's down with a cold," Kaleb said, his eyes running through the screen of my phone. "Okay, now I need to pee," he got off the bed and walked to the bathroom.

"Kindly do not mess up my toilet seat, thank you," I called after him, grabbing my phone from the bed.

"Shut up, I always aim and shoot well," he called back.

I opened River's message and despite the fact that he stated he was sick, I smiled,

~I know we were supposed to do something today, but I've been feeling rough since yesterday night, I'm down with a cold. I've also been hallucinating.~

I ran my fingers through my hair, replying his message,

~I'll come over in a few. Do you want me to bring anything? Soup?~

His reply came in almost immediately,

~No, I'm pretty sure there's still some left from yesterday. I'll just wsrm it up. Just come with your pretty face~

~*warm~

Kaleb came out of the bathroom, "Why are you smiling?"

"What? Should I be crying?" I teased.

"What's up with River?"

"Well, he's sick. I'm going to go over to his place," I told him.

"Take some donuts with you," Kaleb advised.

"Donuts?" I tilted my head to one side.

"Yeah, if I were sick that's what I would want my girlfriend to bring to me. That, and a juice box. That's what I always did for Sydney... seemed to work."

I nodded, looking at him, "I'll do that. Do you know how Sydney's doing?"

"Why should I care?" He shrugged. "Barely even notice her existence anymore."

"Well, I'm happy for you," I hugged him tightly.

"I'm happy for me too," he muttered. "Now, Billie Eilish can find me and date me."

"You need to go to Aunt Irene's place already," I chuckled.

*

I made my way into River's room as quietly as I could, seeing that he was asleep. I placed the box of donuts I bought down on his table and took off my jacket. It was a few minutes past ten. Kaleb had left when it was some minutes to nine. After having a quick breakfast, I freshened up, got dressed and rushed out to get a box of donuts and a juice box, just as Kaleb had suggested.