33. innuendos & fast bonds

It's easy being with you.
Sacred simplicity❞
- Clean Bandit, Jess Glynne, Rather Be.

I wouldn't be fine.

Okay maybe I was being really dramatic. Of course I would be fine, but will my friendship with Kaleb be? This sucked.

"There you go," I smiled as I handed a cup of coffee to the lady standing in front of me. I raised a hand to my head, feeling a little headache.

It was really going to come now? Where was it when I needed it this morning?

I looked around the bakery and frowned when I didn't see River.

"Looking for someone?" Zuri said in a sing-song voice and I blushed, playfully pushing her away.

Not long after, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket indicating that I had a text. A small smile formed on my face when I saw it was one from River.

*Hey, do you think you could come behind the bakery when you get off?*

A small smirk on my face, I replied,

*Bribe me.*

His text came in shortly,

*I have something for you, and I mean, you can't have it unless you show up.*

*What is it?*

*Why don't you find out yourself?*

*Fine. But you better pull it out before I come.*

Immediately I was able to get off, I made my way to the back of the bakery, holding on to the straps of my backpack and wondering what River was up to. I caught sight of him standing in front of a tripod and it was a perfect sight.

I cleared my throat to announce my presence and he looked up at me, a smile on his face as she took a step back from the tripod.

"She came!" He feigned a surprised look and I rolled my eyes playfully. "Shut up. Why'd you want me to come here?"

"Before I tell you, we have to talk about your brilliant sexual innuendo," his eyes sparkled.

I laughed softly, "What on earth are you talking about?"

"Don't act all innocent now," he smirked, taking out his phone. "Your last text to me. You better pull it out before I come."

I looked at him, confused as I repeated the sentence to myself.

And then it hit me.

My eyes widened as I burst into uncontrollable fits of laughter. "I swear I didn't take note of that."

"Yeah, sure," River nodded sarcastically.

I chuckled and tucked my hair behind my ear, "You're such a perv, you know that, River?"

He laughed, "Hey!"

"It's exactly what you are," I joked as I took off my backpack. "That's a cool tripod," I said, throwing a quick glance at the stand for his camera.

"Yep," he nodded. "And she's my baby. I've had it for a while now."

"Really?" I eyed the tripod.

"Nah, I was just trying to sound cool. I got it last week."

I chuckled, "I've always thought it's awesome to own a tripod—Is that fro-yo?" I walked over to where two tubs of frozen yogurt lay beside his own backpack.