Peering through the top she noticed the outstretched little hand, a curled up fist and a mop of dirty black hair. The little child was lying on a piece of cloth, completely naked, and screaming at the top of its lungs.

Unintentionally the Luna shifted and kneeling on the wet ground, equally as naked as the child, she reached into the box and lifted the baby into her arms.

"My god," she whispered as she held the child to her chest.

The baby was ice cold and the Luna wondered how the child wasn't dead already. The infant clung onto the Luna desperately seeking any warmth that it could.

"Alexia!" a voice called and not a second later the Beta female emerged and noticing the Luna on the ground, quickly rushed to her.

"Alexia don't do th-" The woman stopped talking as she noticed the baby in her Luna's arms.

"Samy, this baby wa- she was here in the cold and sh- I don't..." Finding it difficult to even speak she stood up. "We need to get her to the pack doctor."

"Alexia," Samy grabbed the Luna's arm and held her back, "look at her, she is human."

"Exactly and if we don't get her medical help she will die."

Samy noticed how tightly Alexia was holding the child; she noticed the determined gaze and she knew that if she tried to stop Alexia, she was going to lose. So she stepped aside and watched as her best friend ran out of the cave and in the direction of the pack house.

                                                                                               ★☾★

The hunt had already finished but she wasn't back yet.

The Alpha paced around waiting for his mate to return. The rest of the packs were also waiting and there was a sense of dread as they waited for their Luna. The Alpha shifted and immediately grabbed the trousers that were given to him.

"Where is she?" he growled as he tried for the hundredth time to get through the mental block that his mate had put up. Just as he had decided to return to the forest to search for her, a figure rushed out of the darkness.

"Alexia!" he exclaimed as relief flushed over him. He grabbed a blanket and rushed over to her, only stopping when he noticed what she was carrying.

"Jacob," she whispered as she slowly approached him, but his eyes were solely on the baby bundled in her arms.

"What-"

"She needs help, right now," Alexia interrupted, ignoring her mate and running towards the pack house.

"No."

Alexia stopped and her arms tightened around the child who was turning a light shade of purple, now wheezing, struggling to breathe.

She turned to her mate.

"What did you say?"

Jacob stared right into Alexia's bright blue eyes, the same shade as her wolf's and he shook his head.

"The child is human, Alexia. It has human parents who, when they notice their child is gone will come hunting for whoever took it. And when they do, they will find us and I can't deal with that kind of problem." He apologetically glanced at the child before turning to Jhorn, his Beta. "Get rid of it."

A snarl came from Alexia when Jhorn cautiously took a step forward. She held the child to her chest and her blue eyes glowed as she said, "If you want the child, then you have to go through me first."