"Yes! Though Diya was the one to tell me."

"Of course she would," Kawthar jeered, the cogs in her mind slowly turning.

"Why, is something the matter?" Haifa inquired as she smoothed out Kawthar's dress, ready for them to make their way back downstairs.

"I have a feeling I know who Khalid has in mind,"

"Hm..." Haifa hummed. She might have an idea too.

"I don't really want to say though, just in case I am wrong. Moreover, I don't want to make things awkward for them again just after they have sorted things." Kawthar continued.

"I understand, especially we don't know if she feels the same," Haifa added, and Kawthar met her eyes, both knowing they were talking about the same person.

"Let's leave this conversation for later," Haifa interrupted. "Right now, our families are both waiting for a beautiful bride to grace their presence."

Kawthar giggled, happy tears surfacing over her glittering eyes.

As they entered, everyone cheered. Kawthar's mother and the girls embraced the bride, complimenting her appearance, and wiping away tears of joy. The men joined soon after, and Kawthar's father couldn't hold back his emotions when he saw his daughter. Even Khalid was smiling brightly.

Haifa joined Diya's side, who happened to be looking at a particular someone, with a small gleam.

The moment he stepped into the room, Diya could not stop her gaze from wandering to him. Khalid wore a crisp white Thawb with an emerald waistcoat that had patterns of gold weaved into the fabric, matching his father and little brother. Somewhere in the far back of her mind, she admitted he looked handsome, too handsome for her to even admit and no matter how far she pushed the thought away, Diya felt a slight tingle of warmth in her chest.

"He's actually smiling." she muttered to her sister in awe.

"Oh, you mean Khalid?" Haifa teased, watching her sister carefully. "Leave him be! It's his sister's wedding, so of course, he would be overjoyed."

"I know, but it's such a rare sight to see him like this!" Diya laughed. Her eyes drifted back to his figure, as he patted his little brother's back.

Khalid knew he could feel someone's stare, but never in his right mind would he think it was Diya. When their eyes met, she looked away surprised but then returned when he still hadn't looked away.

Even from the other side of the room, Khalid could see how beautiful Diya looked. Though she wore the same colour as every other girl in their family, he still managed to spot her apart from the others. He gave her a sly smile, raising his brows in silent question.

She looked absolutely flabbergasted, reddening a little in her cheeks, before looking away. He was about to walk up to her when everyone started leaving to make ways to the Groom's house.

No matter how hard Diya fanned her face, she still felt her cheeks burning. Khalid had smiled at her. Actually smiled, for the first time in years! As she sat in a carriage with her parents, Diya stayed close to the window, hoping for the air to cool her flaming skin. Haifa watched from the opposite side, smiling as her sister awkwardly twitched around in her seat until it came to the point when their mother noticed something was wrong.

"Diya, will you stay still? Your fidgeting is making us all anxious! It's not like you're getting married today!"

Maybe not today, but I have a feeling sometime in the near future. Haifa thought, bearing a playful smile.

***

Kawthar's now-husband was waiting outside with the rest of his family gathered around. Haifa watched along with the others as her uncle helped his stunning daughter out of the carriage she was in, Khalid and little Adam by their father's side. They led her up to Amr, Khalid's best friend, exchanging words before passing Kawthar's hand to his. Everyone cheered Takbeers as he led his bride inside, his family following suit and finally Kawthar's.