Chapter Nineteen.

Nineteen.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

(Ray's POV)

We stayed silent for a few minutes, until Chantelle spoke up.

"So what did Mya say about me? I know she must've said something."

I shrugged. "She just told me that you were Chantelle and not to talk, sit or hang out with you."

"But you still are!" She said with a chuckle. I laughed a bit. Defiance is key!

"It's not like she can do anything about it. Its my life, and I can do whatever I want." I said. Chantelle laughed and then looked down at her hands.

"What's wrong?" I asked with a concerned face.

"It's just that I'm glad you are alive. I don't really care if you can't remember me, at least you are safe and healthy. Thats better than death." She said, with a sincere look on her face.

I looked into her eyes, and smiled. "It is."

There was a knock in the door. Chantelle's mom stuck her head through the door. "The brownies are ready. You guys can come down and take some with milk if you want."

"Thanks mom. We will be down in a second..." Chantelle said.

Her mom left. "She thinks we are still kids. I mean brownies and milk? Thats like snack time!" Chantelle said.

"What! There are some people out there with a mom who doesn't know how to make treats like that. Be grateful." I joked.

"I know and I am," She said. "How about we go downstairs?"

"Sure."

We got off her bed and went downstairs to the kitchen. The whole first floor smell like heaven. I could just stay here forever. "Mhm, it smells soo delicious in here!" I said.

"Yes! The brownies probably taste as good as they smell!"

We rushed into the kitchen, to meet a boy, who looked around fourteen, taking some brownies from the batch. "Hey! You're gonna finish it all up! Other people are living in this house to and they want to enjoy some brownies." Chantelle said.

"Ha, like I care!" The boy replied. He pop a brownie in his mouth, glanced at me and ran off to another room.

"Oh, shut up Donte!" Chantelle playfully yelled out after him.

"Who is that?" I asked her.

"My brother, Donte. He is such a douche but I love him. Here." She said, handing me a plate.

"Thanks."

She put herself four brownies, which were heated by the way, and I put myself five.

"Why'd you take five?"

"Because." I said, mocking her. She gave me funny look, and brought out two cups and the milk carton. She pour me some milk and put it back.

"Follow me." She said as she led me to the dining area where Donte was sitting.

"You look like-"

"Ray? Yes, I am Ray!" I finished.

Donte looked at me in shock. "B-but I thought y-you were dead?" He stuttered.

"Well, here I am. In flesh and blood."

"Welcome back, bro." He said as he got up and embraced me a brotherly hug.