Chapter Five.

5.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Chantelle's POV.

I decided to go over to Raquan's house. It was six at night and I was too bored at home. Sleeping and eating was already getting old so I needed a new source of entertainment. I texted Lauren to come over to my house so that we could go over to Ray's place together. She agreed and now we were about to hit the road.

"Mom, I'm going over to Ray's house with Lauren!" I yelled to my mom while we walked downstairs.

She appeared from the kitchen carrying a cup of something in her hands. "Hm? Ray's house at this time? Are you sure you don't--"

"No, mom," I cut her off and quickly glanced at Lauren. "Again, he's just my best friend. Nothing more and nothing less." The both of us walked out the house and onto the sidewalks. The sun was burning against my face and I couldn't wait to get to Ray's air conditioned house.

"Your mom is funny." Lauren laughed while we walked.

"No, she's sooooo embarrassing. She always thinks that Ray and I have something going on when we don't!" I said with annoyance clear in my voice. We finally reached Ray's house. I knocked on the door and Ray answered.

"Hey, Chan. Wassup, Lauren." Ray greeted as he stepped aside to let us in. I gave him a hug after Lauren had entered.

"The boys and Mya are over, so I guess y'all can chill over at me place too." Ray told us. We walked into the living room where everyone and Mya was lounging out. The boys greeted us as we entered. My eyes scanned around the room only to see Mya squinting her eyes at me.

"Uh! Why are they here?" Mya asked. I rolled my eyes and took a seat on the couch with Lauren.

"They just came over. Everyone else is here so I don't think it matters." Ray replied, taking his seat besides Mya.

"It matters to me." she mumbled as she scooted closer to Ray.

"So what's up?" I said to everyone. Chres, Jacob and Craig were all playing Black Ops on the television and they just waved me off. What an answer.

"Oh, Lauren I had a great time at the--" Chresanto started but was quickly cut off by Lauren.

"Me too!"

Oh, so he could talk to Lauren but not answer my question? Rude. But what werre they talking about? "What are you two talking about?" I asked raising a brow at them.

"We went to the animal shelter yesterday. Chrestano invited me over to help him take care of the animals." Lauren explained. Soon after the boys turned off they game and we all spilt up in our individual conversations.

'"Yooo, Shaniqua's parties are the best!" Jacob laughed. This caught Lauren's attention. "Now what y'all discussing?"

"Parties." Jacob said.

I groaned. "That's all everyone talks about. Parties, parties, parties! Why can't we just talk about normal stuff?"

"Shaniqua's parties are the bomb dot com!" Chresanto said totally ignoring my last statement.

"I know right. The music is always poppin'. The drinks are good too." Jacob added.

"And the girls are crazy!" Craig grinned. They all gave each other daps and I cleared my throat.