CHAPTER FOUR

Thursday arrived Helena received eight elegant ball gowns from Eleanor's assistant, Marie.

Kindness watched her step mother lit up the fireplace and asked, 'What are you doing with my dresses?'

'What do you think I'm doing?' Helena smirked tossing her ball gowns that Eleanor made her into the fire.

'No! Why? Why are you so angry with me? Are you threatened by me? When I have nothing,' Kindness yelled.

Helena frowned, 'Yes, because you can ruined the chances for my daughters and me! You have kindness, beauty, confidence and courage beyond the stars of heaven. And it's killing me I have to live everyday looking after you. When I should have kicked you out years ago but I promise your stupid father, didn't I?'

'Because of your jealousy and greed for wealth, you and your daughters will get hurt so badly even dogs would chew your clothing, remember it, Madam Helena,' Kindness warned.

Helena's eyes widened she simpered and laughed, 'Not today, Kindness. We shall have a splendid time at the first ball. Now go prepare breakfast that we may eat!' and she went upstairs.

'She won't let me attend the balls because of her daughters and her plans to kill the queen. Will see who's going to a great time at the first ball tonight, Helena,' Kindness thought smirking going into the kitchen to cook. Afterward, she helped her step mother and step sisters with their beauty preparation to look youthful in the evening. Shortly, the bright moony night appeared with chill breeze. Helena and her daughters left the front door stepping into the carriage which will drive them to the palace to Prince's First Ball celebrating His Thirtieth Birthday with an organised fencing match with all the eligible maidens of the land.

Kindness snored softly waving them goodbye as she yelled, 'Enjoy the ball, Misses and Madam!'

Her step sisters answered, 'We will, Kindness!' laughing away.

'We'll be back by twelve sharp! Cherish the lonely night, dear,' Helena reminded equipping as their carriage drove away swiftly and disappeared down the road.

'They'll return at twelve, huh? Just enough time for me to deliver my message to the prince,' Kindness smiled closing the front door and then changed quickly into her cream ball gown and head scarf which was like a hood. She grabbed her father's sword, specifically, the foil before riding on one of the white horses she cared for in the forest to the palace.

Queen Joanna and King Ferdinand IV were seated in the throne room. They received gifts on behalf of their son from finely dressed maidens, royal associates and commoners. Many women congregated in the ballroom with foils, epees and sabres taking turns battling against the group of royal instructors to gain the prince's favour. Prince Tristan stood on the second floor attached to the grand staircase observing the maidens who fought.

There was nothing but failure in their attempts to defeat his captains and generals of the royal military.

'What a joke,' he thought turning his back walking over to the balcony. He felt the chilly breeze of the night swept against his face as he entered. Approaching the railing, Tristan stood before the magnificent view of the park and English Garden. The moonflowers were being awakened under the moonlight. While the fireflies appeared glowing miraculously like dazzling stars in space. It was like a beautiful painting in his eyes as he remembered the beautiful black woman in the alley he met yesterday. 'I hope she comes tonight. I really want to see her again,' he thought folding his arms.

A few seconds later, Nigel and Nialls came in.

'Your Highness most of the women are trying their best to get your attention,' Nialls explained.