A Thousand Years

As we sat on the floor of the study, Sofia ran in and demanded a followup to the chronicles of her parent's love life. And, of course, her parents agreed without a second thought. Their daughter truly was the best of them both.

The family migrated to the living room and sat by the fireplace as Hermione and Draco took turns telling Sofia of the next chapter in their love story of sorts.

"It was July 17th, 1999, the day we got married." Hermione began.

The day was warm and sunny but not humid or too hot. It was a perfect day and Hermione was as happy as a girl could be on her wedding day. She was currently sitting in the parlor of the old Victorian Castle they had chosen as the wedding venue. Her birth mother was inserting a blue sapphire comb into her hair while Narcissa Malfoy was fixing her veil. Her bridesmaids, Ginny, Pansy, Astoria, and Cho, were all in periwinkle dresses in different designs and she was in a lace wedding dress that only slightly poofed out from the waist.

"Hermione, are you almost ready? The guests have arrived," said Blaise as he walked into the room. He stooped in his tracks as he saw his beautiful half-sister on her special day. "Oh, Mia you look lovely. Draco is one lucky lad,"

"As if he doesn't already know that," began Pansy.

"He is so whipped," continued Ginny.

"My son truly is enamored by you, darling." finished Narcissa. Hermione smiled, for how lucky she was to have these people and for being able to marry the love of her life, even if it was mandated by the government.

"Dear, we really must get going," Her mother said. Hermione nodded and stood up. As she walked out of the door she was greeted by her father.

Each bridesmaid walked in with the groomsmen, which were Blaise, Theo, Ron, and surprisingly, Harry. They had made up after graduation, realizing their friendship was too important to lose over some feelings and pranks.

Then, finally, Hermione walked down the aisle to her groom, who stood at the altar in a grey suit with a periwinkle tie and a huge smile on his face. When she reached him, he picked up to pull her onto the altar. She laughed and held his hands. As Kingsley began the ceremony, the two lovebirds forgot about the guests in attendance and just saw each other. The moved closer until their hands rested against one another and their foreheads touched. Then came time for the vows.

Hermione began, "You were an unlikely love, but some of the best things are unexpected. Every moment with you is better than the last and every time I look at you, I fall more in love. Thank you for being my one and only."

Draco smiled and kissed her forehead. and then he began," Hermione Granger Zabini, you are the greatest gift I have ever been given. Life would be aimlessly boring without you. Thank you for being my other half, my left brain, and my person. I love you endlessly. I always have and always will."

Both smiled at one another and Hermione fought the urge to kiss the love of her life. Finally, Kingsley said the magic words and Draco engulfed her in a kiss, dipping her for the full effect. The crowd went wild and she blushed as they pulled away.

Neither of them would ever get used to this feeling. This feeling of forever.

----

Short chapter but hope you enjoyed!