Does He Know?

CHAPTER 6: DOES HE KNOW

Song of the chapter: "Does He Know" by One Direction.

-----------------------

They walked into the great hall and took their seats accordingly. Boys on one side. Girls on the other.

Draco just couldn't wait to get this over with. He parted from Hermione and went to sit down next to Blaise and Theo.

McGonagall pulled out the hat which had a song in store for us:

Back again to sort you out

But this time it's not about

In which house you will be

It's about your life you see

With this person, you shall spend

All your days until the end

Have a house

Have a spouse

Make many new friends

As the house rivalry ends

Put me on and you will see

In whose life you are meant to be

I'll make a match, I'll make it right

So please do not put up such a fight

I see into your head, I see into your heart

For I am the sorting hat and I can tell each of you apart

Do believe in me

For I am The Hat that can see

(A/N: I wrote this all by myself so if you want to use it please give me credit.)

McGonagall started the ceremony with Hannah Abbot. She was put with a boy from Ravenclaw. Next came Lavender Brown who was put with Seamus Finnigan. Draco had never liked that girl. What parents name their child after two colors.

Next came Tracey Davis, a shy smart kind Slytherin. Tracey was paired with Dean Thomas from Gryffindor. Astoria Greengrass was paired with Theo Nott. They were perfect for each other. they seemed to have skipped Hermione. Luna Lovegood was paired with none other than the famous Neville Longbottom. Cho Chang, the girl who was in love with Cedric Diggory, was paired with Harry Potter, the boy who lived. Pansy Parkinson was paired with Ron Weasely.

The Patel sisters were paired with two Hufflepuff's. Ginny Weasely was paired with Draco Malfoy.

Lastly, for the 8th-years, Hermione Granger was called up. She was paired with none other than Blaise. He got the girl Draco had feelings for. This was so rigged. Something wasn't right.

The hat that can see. Well, could it see that Draco was pissed? He stood up and walked out of the great hall, slamming the door for effect.

Hermione saw Draco walk out. She followed him and pulled him into a hug.

"I don't want to marry Blaise, Draco."

"I don't want you to marry him either, Frankly, I don't want anyone to marry you except for me." She laughed and started to pull away but collapsed in Draco's arms. He picked her up in his arms, as she was really light, and took her to the Hospital Wing. "Hermione fainted!" He yelled as he entered.

"What?" the nurse said

"She fainted. I don't know why."

"Can you go get Minerva?"

"Yes." Draco said before running into the great hall, up to the podium, and pulled McGonagall aside. "Hermione fainted," he said, his breath catching in his throat. McGonagall turned and started walking out of the great hall with Draco in tow.

"Do you know what's wrong with her?" Draco asked as he was catching his breath.

"Her parents can't cloak her any longer. Her magic is breaking through."

"What do you mean her magic? She has magic. She's Hermione Granger. The brightest witch of her age."

"Not that. Her pureblood magic Mr. Malfoy."

"She's pureblood?" Draco asked, confused.

"Yes, she didn't know. Her parents went into hiding after Voldemort came back. They had to give up their son though."

"Who's their son?"

"Blaise Zabini."

"Well then Granger can't marry him. It's incest. That's not legal anywhere."

"Yes. It seems the hat wanted her to find out."

"May I tell her?" Draco asked quietly.

"Yes mister Malfoy. You may tell her. Just not all at once."

"Okay." He said and entered the hospital wing, walking to her bed and gently picking up her hand. She had a delicate hand with long slender fingers and medium length nails which were painted silver. She had written something on her hand. It said Draco. He would have to ask her about it later. He placed a kiss on the back of her hand and held it.

Draco fell asleep next to her and was awoken to Harry Poter glaring daggers at him.

"Anything you need Potter?" He asked drowsily, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Why are you here?" Harry asked Draco.

"Well you see Granger here passed out while she was with me so I had to bring her here. I also have to tell her something. I'll let her know you stopped by." Harry walked away but gave Draco a glare before doing so. Hermione stirred.

"Mione?"

"Oh look it's Malfoy."

"You had me scared for a moment. Look there's something I have to tell you. Oh and Harry stopped by but anyway, you're not a Muggleborn. You're a-"

"Of course I am Malfoy. What are you getting at?"

"Well you're a pureblood and your parents are the Zabini's and Blaise is your half-brother and they went into hiding but they had to give up Blaise to his mother. You have the same father, but he has a different mother. Your parents changed their names and took on new personalities so they could save you from the dark lord."

"And how do you know this?"

"Mcgonagall told me. That's the reason you fainted. Your pureblood magic couldn't be masked any longer. Do you remember how Bellatrix was wobbling when you she was torturing you. Well your pureblood magic was trying to get through and it was causing her pain but she's a madwoman so she could care less."

"That makes sense I suppose. You're going to have to explain this again when my brain is actually working."

"Thank Merlin you're all right. And McGonagall told me to put this on your head." Draco said as he pointed at the sorting hat.

"Does he know?" she asked nervously, referencing Blaise.

"Not yet. I'll tell him after." She picked the hat up slowly and placed it on her head.

"Well Ms. Granger or should I say Zabini, your future match shall be..."