New Romantics

Over the past few months, Hermione had changed as a person, had gained confidence. She had gained grace and style (also buy grace and style the book by Grace Helbig ok back to the story) but she now believed that it was time to tell everyone who she was. That she was the golden girl. That she was the brightest witch of her age.

People still whispered about Hermione's change. Why wasn't she in Gryffindor? Was it because of the heat between her and Harry? How could she do that after everything?

Hermione was in the small library in their small home. She sat on the window seat looking out the glass panes in a daze. It was a mirror image of the boy who sat in the library just yesterday. He placed a kiss upon her brown curls. She decided that she wanted to be the person she had always been.  She wanted to be reminded of her past. It made her the girl she was. "I fell in love with the girl inside, not the glamour or what she looked like" Draco said as she told him she thought about reverting her glamour.

She had asked Mcgonnagal to let her speak about her story at dinner. And of course, she had been granted her wish. So that night at dinner, Hermione walked up to the front of the great hall for the last time.

"Hello fellow classmates. I'm here to tell you about how much my life has changed since the start of this year. I know many of you have not known me for very long. I have not been very truthful with you. I have been selfish, ignorant, and mean. And for that, I apologize. I let my alias get to my head, my life changed and I thought that I needed to as well. But in fact, that is not correct. Changing myself was not the way I should have approached this new chapter in my life. Many of you, I assume, have no clue as to what is happening. I ask you to hold back any remarks until after I have completed my tale." She looked out into the crowd, the 4 oblong tables that went on for meters. She located her blond idiot and he gave her a reassuring smile. She then proceeded to apply her glamour and become Hermione Granger.

The hall was filled with gasps as the magic wished away. "I am in fact Hermione granger. After the marriage law was passed, I was told that I was to marry Blaise Zabini. This was not correct as many of you have gathered by now. This match was the hat's way of telling me that there was a secret for me to uncover. The secret of my true identity. After much searching and questioning, I found out that I was not to marry Blaise Zabini, as he was my half-brother." She took a pause to let it sink in for everyone listening. She saw jaws drop as they came to the realization of her identity.

"I am a Zabini, a Pureblood. I was given away as a baby to keep me safe from Lord Voldemort. There was a glamour casted upon me which should have been removed on my 17th birthday but with some help from the late Professor Snape, was kept dormant for another year and a half. It was only when I was hinted towards my identity that the glamour began to fall."

"I have done some things in scorn. Things that were not kind or courageous of me. Things that were undermining of my true self. I believed that since I was given a different face, I could change myself and become someone whom I am not. For that I am grievously sorry. Harry, I'm sorry for everything that I have caused. I know you only meant well. As a conclusion, I'd like to thank all my friends for staying with me throughout this even though I did not deserve any of you. Most of all, I'd like to thank the man who loves me unconditionally, Draco Malfoy, for never giving up hope that I was good at heart."

I turned away from the podium and walked down the stairs. It felt weird to be myself again yet unnaturally normal. Paradoxically it feel nice yet not. I took my seat at the Slytherin table and interlocked my hands with Dracos beneath the table. I placed my head on his shoulder and sighed. For some reason, things seemed to be looking up.