Change My Mind

CHAPTER 5: Change My Mind

Sonf of the cahpter: "Change My Mind" by One Direction

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draco and Hermione talked while walking into the Great Hall. His hand held hers as they walked towards the Slytherin table.

Everyone started talking about them and the two friends just chose to ignore it. Hermione went and sat down at the Slytherin table and Pansy, Blaise, Theo, and Astoria sat down around the two. They were all so nice and apologized to her. Just before dinner began, she got up.

"Where are you going Hermione,?"

"To go tell my house friends where I am. They'll be worried."

"Oh okay."

"I'll be right back, I promise" Hermione said before she walked over to the Gryffindor table and sat down infront of Ron and turned to Harry. "Hey." She said.

"Hey, Mione." Harry replied, looking up from the newspaper he was reading.

"Why'd you walk in with Malfoy?" Ron asked

"We walked down from our dorms. Anyway, speaking of Malfoy, I'm sitting at his table today."

"Hat diy u jucf sa!?" Ron screeched while eating chicken.

"Oh for goodness sake Ronald close your mouth."

"Why are you sitting there Mione?" Harry asked calmly.

"To better house equality and make everyone treat the Slytherins better."

"Why!?" Ron says still eating.

"Because I'm head girl Ronald and close your mouth when you eat. Well, I better get back." Hermione said standing up and walking across the great hall to the Slytherin table.

They continued to eat dinner and received many strange looks from many students. Hermione would be lying if she said she didn't have a good time that night. Dessert was served and Mcgonagall rushed everyone out except the 7th and "8th" years soon after.

Hermione felt something was off so she excused herself from the table and went over to McGonagall. "What's happening headmistress?"

"Nothing to worry about dear."

"Oh okay. You don't mind me sitting at the Slytherin table do you?"

"I think it's great but you might want to move back. Any other day I would be all for it but today is different."

"Okay headmistress," Hermione responded and walked back to the table sat down and whispered what just happened into Draco's ear. He nodded. She bid her farewells and walked back to the Gryffindor Table, eyes following her every move. As she sat down at the Gryffindor table, this time across from Harry, Mcgonnagal stood at the owl podium at the front of the hall and began:

"Please welcome Minister Shacklebolt." As he walked up, he smiled at me. Hermione was friendly with the minister. After the war, she would visit him and help out to bring Hogwarts back on track. She did all the calculations, made a new map, and even made quarters for the house-elves. They had made a new room of requirement too, which was actually the head dorm but no one knew and they planned to keep it that way.

The minister started talking. "Hello everyone. You're probably asking why are you here today minister. Well, there's a new law. The law is for the seventh and returning eight-years. It is called the marriage law. Minerva will explain all the details but here's a brief overview. You will get your spouse by the very hat that put you in your houses on your first day. You will live with them and you must be married by the start of the next school year, which would be September 1. Within the next three years, you will need to provide an heir. That is-"

"What if I don't, huh?" challenged Seamus.

"If you do not comply, then your magic will be taken."

"What?" screamed the whole hall. Hermione looked up to Draco who looked back and mouthed "It'll be okay". She nodded and looked back down. Well, she honestly didn't know what to do so as soon as Kingsley started to walk out of the hall, she followed him.

"Minister?" she called politely.

"Yes? Oh, Hermione what a surprise!"

"I would just like to know why I have to do this. My life plan did not include getting married at 17 and having children at 20."

"We need wizards or we will become extinct."

"I just don't think it is fair and what about all the purebloods? What if one of them is paired with a half-blood or a Muggleborn. There is no way that they will taint their blood."

"Well, Hermione I'm sorry that you feel that way. If a pureblood wishes not to "taint" their blood, they will not be a pureblood anymore they'll be a squib. It's either they keep their magic or they don't."

"Okay," She said quietly and walked away. She gave up, knowing there was no winning this one. Hermione was deep in thought as she walked to the head dorms. "Love," she said. The new password was picked out by Dumbledore. He said Hogwarts needed a little more of it. Hermione walked in and ran right into Draco. He put his arms around her, steadying her.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Kinda," She answered

"Do you need anything?"

"A hug would be great," she said. He pulled her close and gave her a Draco hug. It was like hugging a teddy bear. A life-size partly evil teddy bear. Well, it used to be evil anyway.

"Thanks, Draco."

"It's fine Hermione. Do you want some cocoa? Honey brought me some."

"Sure," Hermione said. Right now she was too confused to worry about house-elves. It was getting to be bad.

"Anything on your mind. Well other than the giant news we just found out."

"It's just not fair to anyone. It's like do what I say or give up something that's a part of you. I worked hard to become a good witch and now they'll take it away if I say no. They're being just as bad as any other villain. They want to control us." she said and took a breath

"Well from what I understood out of all of that is you're a little mad." She looked at him with a look that said "no really?". He chuckled and was just about to say something but the bell chimed. Time to find out who I was going to be forced to spend my life with.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:
Thanks for reading guys and let me know what you think. It would really help to know what I could do to make this story better.