Before I could put the phone up to my ear, Sekeena came up to me and grabbed my phone out of my hand and threw it on the ground in a very aggressive way.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I asked while looking at her crazy.

"That's tuff," I heard one of the guys say.

"Damn sis," I heard Ashley comment.

I went and picked up my phone to check if it was cracked and it was. Like it was ODE cracked.

No no no no no no no no. I was panicking inside. I tried turning it on and thank goodness it did. I was relieved.

I heard someone walking up to me so I stood up but before I can see who it is, my phone leaves my hands again.

I made the person out to be Andre before he dropped my phone to the floor and started stepping on it. I watched him as he stomped my phone into pieces with his Champion x Timberland timbs on.

I didn't even try to stop him. I just stood there and watched but inside I was fuming.

Once he decided it was enough, he went back over to his friends.

"I guess you'll have to get an ACTUAL iPhone now," Sekeena said before they left.

They're actually acting like a clique from a white movie. I thought.

I picked up my phone piece by piece and put it in my bag.

I sighed before asking myself, "Why do you let them do this to you, sis?"

——

"Why didn't you answer your phone, Jae?" My mother asked me as soon as I stepped into the apartment.

"Mom, I...I um...my phone must've been dead," I lied.

"Oh, well go charge it. You had me worried sick," she said before pulling me in for a hug.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to worry you," I apologized.

"Oh, it's ok sweetie."

We pulled apart and I made my way to my room, closing my door.

I plopped down on my bed and let out a deep sigh.

Can't wait to leave that dumbass school and go to college.

I took my phone out of my bag piece by piece again and set it on my small table.

Now how am I supposed to get a new phone? I thought to myself.

I changed out of my school clothes and into something comfortable like a blue colored tank top with a pair of biker shorts.

I did my homework and got something to eat afterwards.

My mom had told me that she didn't want anything for her birthday so I didn't bother breaking my neck to get her anything special so I just got her a card.

I wrote 'Happy Birthday from Jae' inside of it and walked to go give it to her.

When I handed it to her she smiled and gave me a hug.

"Happy birthday, mom," I said to her.

"Oh thank you sweetie," she responded.

——

The next day when I was at school, I was unbothered. I was tryna keep my presence unknown so I wouldn't have to deal with Sekeena and them.

"Sis, don't worry about it...they're probably not here today," my friend, Abrianna said to me.

"You don't know that," I said back.

She shrugged. "Well it don't look like they here or else they would be sitting where they usually sit."

She was right.

"But how come they all miss the same exact day? Do they plan it or some shit?" I asked out of curiosity.

Abrianna shrugged again and rolled her eyes, "Andre ain't here cause he told my mom he was sick."

Abrianna and Andre were siblings. They were half brother and sister. They both have the same father but completely different mothers. Their father decided to marry Abrianna's mother and Andre's is in prison for having the possession of drugs.

"Oh."

"You tryna hang out after school?" She asks.

"I can't. I don't have a phone and my mother wouldn't be too happy with that," I answer.

"Sis, we just going to the mall," she says.

"I know but I'm supposed to head home," I said.

"Ok."

I know I seemed lame to her but if I say I can't hang then I can't hang.

This is why I can't hold on to any friends. I never knew how to be a friend. But I felt like I could deal without friends.

It's always:
"Oh, you so lame." Or "You ruin everything." Or "You focus too much on your education."

But Abrianna has yet to say any of those things to me but I know it's coming.

/End Of Chapter 1\

-this chapter was to just formally introduce the characters and give you a lil background on em. Hope you enjoyed🤧

 Hope you enjoyed🤧