Chapter 8: Visionary

Start from the beginning

She told them to quiet down and Derek was cocky with her and tried to show off with the basketball to her. That only made her give up and go back to the music room and try to keep practicing. Derek had gone after her and wanted to know her name. She kept refusing to tell him, even though she knew his name, so he made a challenge to get her name if he played an instrument. He picked up a triangle.

Stiles thought that young Derek kind of reminded him of Jackson. A popular guy that loved to flaunt himself around like he ruled the school.

"Okay so if Derek was a sophomore back then, how old was he? How old were you?" Stiles asked him. "How old are you now?" he asked Peter.

He shrugged. "Not as young as we could have been, but not as old as you might think." Stiles blew out a heated breath. "Okay, that was frustratingly vague." He pointed at Cora. "How old are you?"

"I'm seventeen," she said.

"See, that's an answer. That's how we answer people." But Cora tilted her head a bit. "Well, seventeen in how you'd measure in years." Stiles rolled his eyes. "All right, I'm just going to drop it," he said as Cora tried not to laugh at him. "Okay, what happened to Derek and the cello girl," he said getting them back to the subject.

"What do you think happened?" Peter said. "They're teenagers. One minute it's, 'I hate you, don't talk to me' and the next it's frantic groping in any dark corner they could manage to find themselves alone in for five minutes. Their favorite dark corner was an abandoned distillery outside of Beacon Hills."

Stiles narrowed his eyes at him. "All right, hold up. How do you know all this? You just said they were alone." "Back then, I wasn't just Derek's uncle, I was his best friend. His closest confidante. That's how I know."

  Peter began telling what happened after his sister showed up to the packs in the distillery. 

 Talia had begun arguing in favor of Ennis' desire to have payback against the Argents, claiming that it was his right. Though Deucalion was arguing that even though it was Ennis' right, that didn't mean he was right to. He argued that if Ennis did this then it wouldn't stop. The violence and death would just travel back and forth. Though Ennis was having none of it as the brutal way his beta was slaughtered and his body butchered and violated. He then went and carved the sign for vendetta into the metal wall with his claws.

As Stiles listened, his eyes widened. He couldn't believe that Deucalion was trying to go with a pacifist approach. In a way, the man sounded just as optimistic and ideal as Scott. He wondered what happened to make such a man go and become a twisted lunatic.

Peter went over to the window and drew a spiral into the condensation. "Our mark for vendetta."

"Man, you guys really take that revenge thing to, like, a whole new level, don't you?" Stiles remembered back when Peter had his own vendetta to settle and started lashing out at innocent people that hadn't laid so much as a finger to the Hales.

"It mot just revenge. Losing a member of your pack isn't like losing family," Cora argued. "It's like you lose a limb."

"They wouldn't even let him see the body."  He began to tell them of Ennis being at the hospital but the orderlies and soon the police arriving to hold Ennis back and keep him from taking the body from the morgue.

"  He began to tell them of Ennis being at the hospital but the orderlies and soon the police arriving to hold Ennis back and keep him from taking the body from the morgue