Chapter 14. "Too soon."

(A week later.)
Grayson's POV-

I throw my head back at Ethan's joke laughing loudly. God. I love him. Big hands grip my waist and pull me closer. With the air now turning serious we stare into each others eyes. I lean in slowly only to have Ethan suddenly push me back with wide eyes and shaking hands.
"I'm in heat. You need to stay away from me. I'm not myself. Do you hear me baby?"
Stunned I shake my head yes. I watch Ethan with wonder as his eyes turn completely red.
"I want you to walk away slowly and go to the bathroom. Lock the door and don't come out for at least 10 minutes. I'll see you in a week."
We talked about what would happen a few days ago if he did go into heat but I don't want him to go away. It's too soon. Snapping me out of my thoughts he reaches down and tilts my chin up. I close my eyes and feel Ethan's sinful lips connect with mine. We kiss until he pulls away leaving me pouting at him.
"Go, princess."
I don't want to but I turn around and walk to the bathroom. Before shutting the door I look at him. As I'm closing the door I see him mouth I love you. I lock the door and smile. He's cute.
*Sigh.*
I let out an audible sigh and slide down the door onto the floor. Please let this week go by fast.
___________________________________
Ethan's POV-

I don't have a lot of time. I speed to Colbys room and watch as he jumps in the air.
"Fuck! Ethan you scared the shit out of me."
*Laughing.*
I laugh but cut myself short.
"Listen, I don't have a lot of time to talk but I'm in heat. Keep Grayson far away from me. Also come check on me in a week."
Without waiting on his reply I speed to the basement and stare at my fait. A locked vault room with only the essentials. A bathroom. A bed. A fridge with the bare minimum of blood. Lastly a small dresser with clothes. It's also completely vampire proof. There is no way I'm breaking out of here even if I wanted to. I lay down on the bed and stare at the ceiling. Soon I won't even be myself. This has been happening for years. Every year I go into heat and remember nothing. My vampire side takes over completely. It is like I am just gone. I'm not really even sure what happens. That's why I didn't want to be around Grayson. I don't want to hurt him. I also don't think he is ready for kids yet. My thoughts are cut off when I feel a wave of pain hit me. I feel clammy. I hate it. My fangs snap out and suddenly my mind goes blank.
(Ethan's vampire has taken over.)
Where am I? I look around frantically. Trapped.
*Snarl.*
I raise my firsts and pound on the door. It is not working. Only leaving small dents. Fuck. Stopping suddenly I breathe in deep through my nose. Mine. Human. Mate. Where are they?
*Loud Growl.*

_______________________________
Grayson's POV-

The first night was pure torture. I could hear Ethan pounding on the door all night. I wanted to go let him out so bad. I missed him holding me while I slept. I just felt... uneasy. Unsafe. The second night was way worse when I cried myself to sleep. His screams only got louder. I think he could hear me. Day three was just as shitty. Today is day four and I'm sitting here at the table eating dinner talking with Sam and Candice. I have gotten closer with everyone in this house and it feels good. I feel less lonely. Suddenly the talking stops when the door opens. No. Way. Bryant?
"GRAYSON! WHAT THE FUCK!"
Bryant stares at me shocked and runs up to me then he hugs me tight.
"This is where you have been! Your mom told me you called her but you never called me. I was so worried you hated me after that night....How do you know them? Wait did Ethan kidnap you?!"
He pulls away and puts his hands on each of my shoulders. I stare at him still in shock. How does he know them?
"I don't hate you. Who do you know here?"
He looks at me and says,
"I'm friends with Ethan. I have known him for years."
Wow. That's insane. My mouth opens in shock.
"Are you going to tell me what is going on or not?"
I close my mouth and just tell him. Everyone here already knows my story anyways.
"This is a lot but that night someone kidnapped me I ended up at a slave auction. Ethan bought me. He saved me. He doesn't treat me bad I swear. I'm staying here on my own free will. He's in the basement right now. He's in heat."
Bryant's face pails and he looks at me scared.
"Oh my god. I'm glad you made it out but listen I have to go. I'll come visit again it's just that heat triggers other vampires heats."
He disappears in a flash and I look at Candice.
"Wow. My bestfriend was a vampire and I didn't even know it."
Candice looks at me with sympathy and I look at the clock and yawn. It's 7:30 and I'm already so tired.
"Guys I think I'm going to head to bed early I'm really tired. Goodnight everyone."
I hear a series of goodnights and I walk up the stairs dragging my feet the whole way. I take a quick bath and hop into bed snuggling into Ethan's pillow. It smells like him. I miss him so much.
(4 hours later.)
I wake up tossing and turning with cold sweats. I don't feel so good. My hands reach up to claw at my neck. It itches where Ethan's mark is. I just want to see Ethan. Maybe I can go see him really quick. No. Stop. Ethan said no but he's locked in a room. Technically he can't even get out. It can't hurt if I just go check on him. Making up my mind I hop out of bed and walk to the door before I realize that I only have pink panties on. I turn around and go to Ethan's closet and pick out one of his t shirts. I blush when I realize it reaches just above my knees. I walk quietly to the basement. I can't get caught. I'm not so post to be down here. I tip toe down the stairs and peep around the corner. My eyes stare at the metal door and suddenly I hear Ethan's deep voice from inside causing me to jump back slightly.
"I can hear you."
I find myself scrambling to the door. Once I'm there I slide down the door with my back on it. I feel my heart start to race.
"Don't be afraid."
His voice sends shivers down my spine and my breath hitches. He has no idea how bad I want to see him. I am already so attached to him. A stray tear leaks out of my right eye slowly and I put my hands over my face.
"I miss you, Ethan. I want you out of here."
Ethan says,
"Please don't cry. There is a reason I'm in here. I'm not the Ethan you know right now. I'm the deepest and darkest parts of his mind. His true animalistic self if you will. I also know that you are mine. I can smell you and it's driving me insane right now."
So it's not Ethan but it is? Technically It's completely Ethan. All of Ethan. The parts I haven't seen yet. Maybe I want to see? I definitely do. I wipe my eyes and I stand up to put my hand over the cold door. I hope he isn't mad at me for asking. I whisper knowing that he can hear every word.
"I want in, E. Can I please come in?"
*Deep Growl.*
"Are you sure."
More shivers go up my spine at the sound of his rough voice. It's been days. I've been a mess without him. Just his voice makes me slip into my headspace and I barley manage to get out,
"Y-yes. You won't hurt me will you, Daddy?"
___________________________________

Cliffhanger.
Thoughts? Concerns? Next chapter will be a long one. Next update: This Friday.

Thank you for reading!!
❣️

Thank you for reading!! ❣️

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

😍

😍

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.