⠀⠀⠀ thirty two

Start from the beginning

"Tinder? That boy can't write a short enough summary about himself, there's only so much space they give you. He'd probably ramble in his own text messages from how nervous he is."

"You don't give him enough credit." She chuckled, going back to her computer to double check the information in her file.

Morgan eyed Reid again, "Maybe you're right? I mean, look at him-"

Scout looked up. The doctor had grabbed two of the pens on his desk and used them as drumsticks, never taking his eyes off his paper.

"Hm, I didn't know he had rhythm." A small smiled creeping up on her.

"He doesn't - shouldn't, I mean."

"Could've fooled me."

Morgan narrowed his eyes at the short brunette against and her apathetic reaction, "You two aren't-?"

"What? Screwing behind the BAU's back?"

"Aw c'mon Scout," He shook his head in embarrassment. "Why'd you gotta say it like that?"

She laughed, "Hey, you were the one implying it!"

"Doesn't mean you gotta say it aloud."

"I swear, you act like such a big man but you really are just a little scaredy-cat on the inside. The great Derek Morgan," Scout teased, "can't even handle the marvelous Scout Wiley and her sarcastic tongue."

"More like marvelous pain in my ass." Morgan mumbled and flipped back to his paperwork.

The team worked in silence for the rest of the hour but Scout couldn't help but glancing at Spencer every once in awhile. What made it even more interesting was that every time she would look at him, Spencer would be looking back at her. The two blushed but continued working, repeating the cycle.

Scout's insides felt like they were fluttering. No longer was she a sniper assassin, a mailroom employee, a trained sharp shooter. Instead, she was just Scout Wiley and nothing more. And for some unknown reason, that intrigued Spencer Reid enough to be completely enamored with her.

And she admitted, he was a sight for sore eyes. His tall figure towered over her and there was something about his deep set of dark brown eyes that brought her so much comfort. The way he looked at her, it felt like he couldn't stop no matter how hard he tried. And she never wanted him to stop.

Despite being the smartest guy in the room, Spencer never made her feel any less intelligent than him.

"Wiley," The booming voice of Aaron Hotchner pulled her out of her thoughts. "This is for you."

He handed her a folder which she took with furrowed eyes, signaling her confusion, "Uh, thanks?"

"What's this for?" Scout looked up at him and back at the papers, opening it up and glancing at the small federal looking lettering.

"Gun qualification paperwork. It hasn't been wise for you to be out on the field without it, especially considering the recent events and cases we've done."

He was right. The last few cases always ended with Scout somehow finding the unsub and having to apprehend them without proper protection.