Chapter 38

After yesterday's ordeal, I wake up this morning feeling tired and with no urge to leave my room or the comfort of my bed.

I stare at the ceiling feeling numb for almost five hours now, the clock on the nightstand reads 12:30 pm but still, I feel no urge of leaving this room or even to take breakfast.

I very much know Emma would be here a few hours from now to get me ready for the party.

To be sincere I don't have any urge to attend the party because right now I don't feel like having any human interaction.

I sigh once again like I have been doing for almost three hours now, I am not planning on giving up on my plans by being depressed or staying in the bed all day. No, I am not planning on doing that.

My mind is just too clouded by emotions, I don't know what is right or wrong, all my plans seem worthless at the moment.

Why does everything have to be so complicated after thinking I have found the solutions to them. Why is everything so suffocating?.

I sigh before catching sight of the file scattered on the floor reminds me of how my life has been a crafted lie along.

Seeing these files keeps reminding me of the pain and betrayal, it reminds me of how my wish as being nothing but a plotted lie designed by brilliant artists.

All my life I had always wished to be someone more than just a secret or just a charity case, I had always wished to be part of my family and not just an outsider.

I have done everything in my power just to have the privilege to be noticed as a Dante, I savor every little attention and look of pride I received from my parents. Every bit of attention I get, even if it's just a smile focused my way I savor it.

But looking at does document shows how everything was just a lie and a plan to hide the truth of my late twin brother from me.

Maybe if they had told me all this much early maybe then by now I would be healed from the past.

It feels like my dad pulled the bandage off a tender injuring I never knew I had and it hurt so much.

I know I will find it in my heart to forgive my family and find peace within myself by letting the death of my brother go but right now the injury is just too tender.

I wipe under my eyes forcing my eyes away from the file before diverting my gaze towards the window still feeling too lazy to leave the bed.

I consume myself in thought before being snapped out of my thought by a soft knock on the door" Shiloh are you alright in there? Can I come in?" Chole asks behind the closed door.

"Yeah, I am fine just need a few hours to myself," I say hoping she would leave.

I hear Whisper's behind the door before seeing the doorknob turn 'great I forgot to lock the door' I thought to myself before the door opens welcoming the presence of Chance.

I move into a seating position on the bed from shock as Chance walks in closing the door behind him" What are you doing here?" I ask watching him curiously as he takes a slow step towards me with his hands tucked into the pocket of his jeans trouser.

"I am here because Mum told me what happened between you and your dad and Chole informed Emma about you not leaving your room and then Emma called me telling me about it and how she couldn't reach you because you decided to busy everyone's call" he replies standing before me with his eyes locked with mine.

I roll my eyes at him before making myself comfortable on the bed with my back facing towards him" I am doing fine so you can leave, don't worry I call Emma to let her know I am doing aright" I say closing my eyes feeling his intense gaze still on me.