Chapter 10

I am currently thirteen weeks pregnant now which means three months and this one month hasn't been the best for me and also not recorded as the worst.

I started a part-time job as a waitress at a small restaurant where I work after class and an evening shift in a shop as a cleaner to save money for my untold future.

It has been difficult since my pregnancy is now known to everyone who cares, rumors about my pregnancy have been very much funny about how I got pregnant from a one-night stand and Chance took me in because he loves me even to take care of another man's child.

My name has been literally changed to a cheating gold digger whore but I pay no attention to those sagas but more on achieving my goals.

I and Chance are not basically friends but more like roommates, he is a little bit more open and at the same time close acting a bit cold to everyone which is very confusing and nerve-racking.

I am yet to hear anything from my Mum and Sylvia but from the newspapers, my Mum just launched a fashion show in Paris while my Dad just signed a new contract.

It seems life is great for them and I am gratified for their success "okay, class is over make sure you do more scrutiny " the voice of my professor rings loud through the speaker brings an end to my thoughts.

I can't believe I was left lost in thought once again" please can you lend me your note? " I ask a girl sitting beside me.

Since I doze out I didn't get a word the professor explained making me miss a great part of the lecture. The girl glance at me like she was appraising me with her brown eyes.

Her short black hair resting on her shoulders and her beautiful face put in a scowl " I don't give pregnant sham my notes " she says in a dreary tune before leaving.

A single tear runs down my cheek, I wipe it off deciding it best to push my throbbing feelings back because I have spent days learning to push any emotion back expressing only happiness.

I left the lecture hall towards the bus station since I have to ride the bus towards the restaurant I work in

No one knows except Emma who knows about me getting a job because I don't want to render anyone more surprised.

This baby brought a change in the way I normally would behave in both a good and bad way.

I reach the restaurant in no time since it is not really far from the college only about 45 minutes away"How are you and the baby doing? " Summer asks immediately she saw me entering through the staff door.

The restaurant is a little place with many customers during lunch than other times not popular but known to a few.

Summer is in her senior year in high school, she also works part-time to save for college and we get along pretty well.