"Rayleigh...!"

I looked up at the hill again and saw my father lying on the ground, and my mother trying to crawl her way to him, but she was stopped by Alpha Thorn himself.

'NO!' I let out another howl when Thorn bit his teeth into her neck. I was about to run straight into the battle to try to stop Thorn, but Oliver stopped me.

"ANTHONY!" he yelled.

Thorn let go of my mom and turned to look at us, and so did some of Shadow Walkers. Oliver started walking closer to them, so I followed him, trying my hardest to keep myself under control, no matter the pain in my heart and rage in my soul. At that moment, I wanted to kill.

As we got closer to the bottom of the hill, we were getting surrounded by the enemy. Not a single standing ally at sight. They were all possessed or too badly injured...

"And who are you?" a short, balding man asked, looking down at us with disgust. The thing that was truly disgusting was the fact that he looked a lot like Oliver, but I couldn't see a hint of his kindness in him.

"I am Oliver Attwood," he spoke. "Son of the man you murdered. Your own brother," Oliver spoke with hate in his voice.

"A mere bastard," Anthony scoffed. "A useless orphan who can't control his own powers. What do you want?"

We were now surrounded by all sides. Even the shadows were gathering around above us. The only sounds I could hear were the silent whimpers of those who were injured, and desperate growls of those who were still trying to fight back against the shadows who were possessing them.

"I want you gone," Oliver said shortly.

Anthony started laughing, but it was just as dry as he looked. "Oh really? And how are you going to do that?"

"With ease," Oliver replied darkly.

"All by yourself?" Anthony chuckled. "Gregor – come here!"

My heart sank even lower if it was possible when a big, white wolf appeared next to him.

"Tilly..." Oliver breathed out when she let out an angry growl, setting her eyes at us.

"Werewolves aren't easy to possess, but it is doable with strong shadows," Anthony said, patting Tilly's head, making me want to vomit. "Gregor here is almost as old as Henry, and nearly as vicious as well. I have hundreds of them on my side – my last visit here taught me a lot of good lessons, and this time I came prepared."

I could feel Tilly's helpless cries in my soul... My entire body was shaking in anger while I tried to stay put and not do anything stupid.

"And you're still not good enough," Oliver said so confidently it scared me.

"How so?" his uncle asked, taking a few steps closer to us.

"Because I came prepared as well," Oliver said, putting his hand in his pocket.

"I'm getting bored. Henry? Please deal with that rat."

'Gladly,' a shadow that appeared right next to him replied, but before anyone could move a muscle, Oliver pulled out the portal that we stole from the catacombs before coming here.

"Is this what you're looking for?" he asked, lifting the portal up for everyone to see.

The entire hill fell silent, but then, Anthony started laughing. "Yes, it is indeed," he said, looking at Oliver in amusement. "I'd love to know why you thought it was a good idea to bring that to me, but I guess you're just as stupid as your father."