Run into a blazing fire

I wake up the next morning with my ears still ringing. I have forgotten about Jordan and what happened in Hereforde.
I wipe the sleep out of my eyes and head to the front of the bus to make myself some tea.
After my swift sips of tea I grab my running shorts and a tank top and head out for a run.
As I step out of the bus the sun blares in my face and blinds me from seeing. I quickly grab my sunglasses, that were way to fancy for running, and run about 2 miles.
***
I could've ran more if I had the power, but I was still tired from this morning. Jamie, Lauren, Lucy, and Hannah return to the bus after walking to a nearby fast food restaurant in town.
I make a quick snack for breakfast of various fruits and topped with vegan yogurt.
I started becoming a vegan just about a year ago cause I had found its a more healthier tradition.
***
Our next top was in Arizona where my second Lollapalooza concert would be. We've just about made it to the border of Arizona and the sun is still blazing.
As we head down more and more into the never-ending Arizona deserts, the bus starts to heat up quicker and the A/C was falling behind.
I don't know if its just me but I keep thinking the bus is gradually slowing down. Every mile is seemingly longer than the next.
***
We arrive at the concert trailer park specially reserved for guest performers. I decide I decide that it's time to head out on another run. It hadn't looked like anyone has stepped out there trailers since we had gotten there though.
We find our reserved spot and open the bus doors to hot, stinging air. I knew I would have a sunburn all over if I stepped out for at least 5 minutes.
I go back in the bus quickly, with a blank stare of shock across my face.
Jamie eyeballs me and says, "you alright?"
I mouth the words 'yeah' while still trying to get over the moment of surprise. The A/C in the bus wasn't powerful enough to cool down 6 people including the driver. When I opened the door a minute ago, all this hot air had invaded the bus and now the A/C. Sweat drizzles down my face and I feel out of breathe.
Jamie asks me, "You okay?"
Hannah, Lauren, and Lucy all sit in the back of the bus with phones in hand. Of course.
I turn to Jamie and ask, "How am I supposed to play tonight with it being this bloody hot?!"
He gives me a blank stare.
Still out of breathe I say, "Ugh, Jamie, I don't think I will be able to do it tonight!" I hear myself sound like a little kid whining.
"What?! Why not?"
"I'm not feeling very up to it."
Jamie turns toward the driver and tells him something in a quick British mumble that I can't understand. The driver fumbles around with the buttons and controls next to the steering wheel. The driver mumbles something back to Jamie.
Jamie turns around towards me and has look of distress that comes across his face.
"Ellie I don't know how you'll do the show tonight either!"
"How?"
"Well the fact that the bloody AC has ceased to stop, we'll all be boiling in here by the time 9:00pm arrives."
"Do think the bus will cool down by tonight?"
Jamie slightly shakes his head.
***
8:00pm
I arrive in back stage just in time for stage make up and ritual warm ups.
My make up wears off by the time the show is about to start. Sweat now drips from my forehead and I feel slightly nauseas.
I hear Tina Fey's voice, "Lady's and Gentleman....please welcome....Ellie Goulding!"
The crowd is so loud I can't hear myself breathe. Symptoms of a panic attack come on. I push myself to run out on the stage where the crowd overcomes me. It's an incredible feeling, but too much to take in.
The drums behind me beat at my head and I have no idea where in the music we are.
I take in a deep breathe of hot air and stop. The crowd goes silent.