Its gonna be better

Next stop: Echostage-Washington, DC

On the flight to Washington, I seem to worry about my mum. Kind of like an instinct, but then again it may be nothing. But just in case, I send my mum a short text message saying,

How is everything?

The flight attendant notes me saying that we will be landing in a matter of 5 minutes. So I clip my seatbelt together and wait until we get in the airport to check my phone.

The crew finds their seats in the arrival area and I finally turn on my phone to see if I have received anything.

Mum: Yes, darling, everything's fine! How's the tour so far? You feelin

alright?

I reply back,

Ellie: Yes, just a bit tired. And the tour has been real crazy!

Mum: Awe, that's nice, love. I'm glad to hear that you're having a splendid time.

Ellie: I don't know why, but I had this feeling on the flight like something was wrong. Is everything alright with Izzy, Jordan, and Alex?

Mum: Well, Izzy isn't feeling well, but Jordan is staying with her. And Alex has gone out with his friends for the weekend.

Ellie: Thanks for the update, Mum! I was just wonderin if everything was alright since I--

Lauren interrupts me and says, "Ellie, c'mon we're gonna miss the bus to the hotel!"

"Sorry, I was texting my mum. Was just wondering if everything's alright with her and my sisters and brother."

"Is everything alright with them then?"

"Yeah, everything's fine."

Before I can finish texting my mum, I catch up with Lauren and the rest of the crew.

I run so fast that I don't even know if I have all my bags with me. But I don't worry about that right now.

***

After the show ends at the Echostage, I run off the stage as fast as I can all the way to the tour bus. I find Hannah, Lauren, and Lucy hanging out outside the bus.

Lauren asks, "What are you doin? Aren't you supposed to be at the Meet 'n' Greet?"

"But I forgot to finish texting my mum back. You're gonna have to go and tell security I'll be a bit late for the Meet 'n' Greet!"

I get into the bus as Hannah, Lauren, and Lucy run up to the backstage entrances.

I trip over Hannah's stuff and try to find my bag.

I can't seem to find it. I look every where.

A while later, out of the side windows of the bus I see Hannah, Lauren, and Lucy running back to the bus. They open the door and Hannah says, "Ellie, Jamie is saying he can't wait, he needs you now!"

"But I can't find my bag!"

Lauren asks, "Did you check there?" She points to a spot in the back of the bus where I didn't even think of looking.

It isn't there.

"Uh, I'll look for it later."

We all run up to the back stage entrances. Before, I even reach the entrance I can already hear my fans screaming, "ELLIE! ELLIE! ELLIE!"

I open the door to find Jamie standing right in front of it.

He tries yelling over the screams, "Good thing you came now, Ellie, we were almost gonna cancel!"

"Soz!" I say, out of the midst of the screaming fans and trying to not think about my phone this instant.

I run to where I find the source of the screaming and several flashing cameras.

I take out my pen and begin signing multiple Halcyon Days albums, posters, and books.

***

After a night of screaming fans and flashing lights, I wake up on the tour bus as we head toward Boston, Massachusetts. I realize I have another gig tonight and I still haven't found my phone.

I sit up and stretch as I see Lauren and Lucy in the seats across from me.

Lauren half whispers, "Hannah's in the lou."

"Ah, okay. Good to know! Did anyone find my phone?"

"No. Sorry, Ells!" Lauren says.

I'm glad my friends are here. And I'm glad that they are part of the EG Crew.

I try to think of something positive in bad situations like this. I want to make the best of what is left.

I don't always go to my friends for help either, but I also refer to my songs for help. I mean, after all, I'm the one who wrote almost all of them.

Today I think of the song Halcyon, because I know it's gonna be better.