Calling Me Home

It takes longer than I remember to get to Herefordeshire from from London.

We drive from Downtown London to Herefordeshire in a matter of 30 minutes.

The countryside is filled with many more houses than when I left home. Most of the fields are gone or dead and the more houses I see, the smaller in size they get.

I think to myself, how could I let myself leave this beautiful place?

What if I had never left? Would I still be here, in my city today?

I find the house. We aren't allowed to go inside, but just looking at it brings back the memories.

***

I see my room--the place where I fell in love with guitar, and strummed my way to stardom.

The living room--where we would sit and listen to radio. The place where I would only listen to pop music that lead to me raising my voice and not caring what others thought about the way I spoke. Or in this case, how I sang.

And the kitchen--where the whole family sat, sitting in suspense while mum talked to the strange man on the phone who is now known today as my manager.

***

We find a hill a little ways from the house and sit there, until we are ready to leave.

***

I keep staring at the house as we drive away. Its funny to think that that's the house where I used to only sing and play guitar, but that was when I doubted myself. And when I doubted myself, I never knew if I would ever come even close to performing on a stage.

***

Another 30 minute drive back to mum's flat.

***

That night, I think how about every room in the old Herefordeshire household was a use of my time to get me where I am today (well maybe except the washroom).

Something kept calling me back to Herefordeshire. Like a break-free! I know I couldn't quit now while in show business, but I just cant bring myself to leave home.

I have one more day here in London, but its gonna be so hard to leave. London is my city, but Herefordeshire is my home.

----

Cause they're calling, calling, calling me home.

Calling, calling, calling home.