Worth the Jet-lag?

A/N

Thanks for 400 reads :)

----------------------

That night at Agganis Arena in Boston, I didn't feel powerful. I felt guilty.

My fans lifted my spirits a little, but I was still regretting losing my phone.

Back on the tour bus to the airport hotel, I ask Hannah, "Could I please use your phone to call my brother?"

"Sure. But why your brother?"

"I don't know, maybe he could give me some advice."

"Alright. Cheer up, Ells!" She says.

I go to the back of the bus and dial his number.

"Ello?" He answers.

"Hey, Alex, this is Ellie!"

"Hey Ellie! How's tour?"

"Its good. Its just that I can't find my phone and I need to text mum back. I need to find out if everything's alright with Izzy."

"Oh Izzy? She been in bed all weekend. Very ill."

"I know. But I don't know what to do. I mean, what should I do?" I ask.

"Maybe if there's a time between tour you could go back to London and see her?"

"Maybe. But I don't get long enough breaks between tour. I don't know if it would be worth the jet-lag."

"Jet-lag? Wouldn't you wanna see how your sister's doin? It's worth the jet-lag when it means being there for your family and showing that you care."

"Yes, but I haven't been getting enough rest and my manager is saying I need the rest!" I exclaim.

"Alright Ellie. Do what you want to do. Im just saying, don't always focus on yourself. If you end up flying to London, don't do it for yourself, do it for Izzy and for our family."

"Okay." I say, slightly annoyed.

I hang up quickly and give Hannah's phone back to her.

"Is everything alright, Ellie?" Hannah asks.

"Yes, everything's alright. But Alex is telling me I should leave in the middle of tour to fly to London and visit my family. But I just can't do that."

***

We finally arrive at the airport hotel. Hannah, Lucy, Lauren, and I find our room. We set our stuff down and they all grab there phones and find a seat, except for me. I stand in the middle of the room and say, "Im gonna go out for a run."

"Okay, Ellie." Hannah, Lauren, and Lucy say at the same time.

I go through my only bag full of clothes and try to find my running uniform--Gray sports bra and black running shorts. I search in another pocket and dig through

T-shirts and other shorts. But I suddenly feel something hard and rectangular.

I pull it out, along with other sports bras. I had finally found my phone!

The joy inside of me rises like foam from a fresh beer. I turn on my phone but I find that its dead. So I quickly find a charger from one of Hannah's bags (hopefully she wont mind). I find an outlet. And I finally get my phone to turn on and I see only one text message. Its from my mum. It reads,

Its delightful of you to check in on your family. It shows that you care. Please come visit soon, darling! I miss

you xox

I slightly tear up reading this message. Mum knows I care. I notice that I received this message yesterday just after my show in Boston.

I text back,

Mum, I will come and visit you soon. I love you! Hopefully Izzy's feelin better xox

I feel good texting mum back. Even though its just one text message, it shows that I really do care. And I will honestly come and visit her sometime during tour.

***

A little later, I realize that I did end up leaving my other bag at the airport. But it was only full of chargers, make-up, some hair product, and other small items.

The reason why my phone was in my clothes bag, was because when I was trying to catch up with Lauren at the airport, I had to through my phone somewhere. So in a haste, I quickly threw my phone into a bag at the time, which thankfully end up being my clothes bag.

I skip my run tonight and jump back first onto to one of the beds. The other girls notice this and my phone in my hands.

"Ellie you found your phone!! Where did you find it?" They all ask at the same time,

"Well I was searching for my running uniform and found it in there!" I say, adding a short giggle at the end.

We all go back to being on our phones until about 11:15 that night.

As I try to fall asleep, I make a promise to myself that I will go and visit my family back in London.

It's worth the jet-lag when it means being there for your family and showing that you care.