This will always be my Home

I leave early the next morning without anyone knowing. The sun isn't up for dawn yet so mums flat is completely dark. I get into the rental car that I parked outside mum's flat.

I slowly turn the ignition, so worried that I would awaken someone. The car turns on with a fairly loud start.

I slowly back out of the driveway and onto the street.

I see a sliver of sun break through the morning clouds. A few seconds later, the sliver is blinded by even more clouds. It turns dark once again.

I wasn't always afraid of the dark as every one thinks, but I did have a slight fear. I couldn't fall asleep at night as a child. I guess the dark was too hard to beat!

***

I drive the other thirty minutes back to Hereforde and park in front of the house. I wasn't allowed to go inside, but the risk was pulling at me like a magnet.

I walk around to the side of the house below my old bedroom window (well our bedroom window, considering that it was shared with my siblings).

The window is too high to reach. I walk around the rest of the house to try and find another way in.

Now the sun shined bright and there was no way I could get in without anyone seeing me. Sure the house was built on the countryside, but the population had grown since I left. Anyone would be able to see me.

I give up my efforts of finding another entrance and sit outside the old wooden door. How could something be so close, but there is no way to get it? How could the past be just a doorstep away? I guess you cant get everything you want in life. I mean, I did get a dream. I got what I wanted since getting my guitar. I have a voice, I have a band, I'm on tour. Everything I ever dreamed of wanting is being lived since I was 19. How could I be so selfish, and let the past get the best of me?

I let out a sigh as I walk away from the house and back to the car.

As I get into the car, I hear a car rolling down the road. The car looks slightly familiar.

It slows down as it gets near to my car. I now recognize that it's mum's car, but mum wasn't the one in it. As the driver rolls down the window, I take a closer look and run up to the car.

A girl with dark brown hair and blue eyes peers out the window.

"Jordan! What are you doin here? How did you know I would be here? You feelin any better, love?" I immediately stop the questions that keep running from my mouth and let Jordan explain herself.

"Ellie, I knew you left. I knew you would be here because the way you acted yesterday after we left was so....distinct! I could tell you were sad that we left and I pitied you. Knowing you, I thought you would do something wild to get your way."

"I was just about to leave Hereforde. I  can't bring myself to leave."

Jordan continues, "By the way I am feeling a lot better. The way you sang to me the other day was so beautiful. Thank you so much. I fancy you Ellie, I really do! Ever since we were little, I was so jealous of your voice and talent. I never showed my jealousy towards you, because we really didn't have anything Ellie. I couldn't make our lives any worse than it was. You were the one I looked up when I was young. I always knew you would become of something one day."

I tear up at her words. I run up to hug her, but then she stops me putting her hand out in front of her.

"Ellie, please, I'm still contagious!"

Instead, we show our love for each other as sisters and laugh it off.

***

We drive to downtown London for some breakfast and tea. It is only 7:00am, so we hope to find something open. I follow her car as we search for about half an hour. She knows London better than I do. I mean I haven't been in my own city for almost two months now!