Chapter Three: The Weekend-

A/N: picture of Jaime! I also want to give a quick shout out to @killer_raven for her continuous support. I love receiving your comments! It's an honour to have you still reading my works, thank you! <3

      After approximately forty-five minutes of driving, the car took a left turn up a quiet, gravel lane that lead to a large driveway, belonging to an old Victorian-esque house that's height competed equally alongside the many trees surrounding the front garden, blocking the road from view.

      There was a patch of grass in the shape of a circle, a few metres from the concrete steps that lead to the front door. The circular lawn was surrounded by gravel and small areas of flower beds. I was in awe. It was so huge. I knew that to be an eligible foster parent, you had to have a decent income but I never expected to be adopted by rich folks, if ever I was. It seemed surreal.

      Arthur pulled the car into the garage ahead, the door closing once the rear had cleared the automatic sensors. "Here we are!" Amy clapped her hands once with glee before sliding out of the car to open the passenger door, allowing me to clamber a lot less gracefully out of the back seat. I felt a bit dazed, to put it lightly.

      Arthur was already in the boot, grabbing my borrowed backpack. They lead me through a door that took us into a room big enough to be a lounge. There was a sofa against one of the beige walls and a coffee table just in front of it.

      But that room was nothing compared to the rest of the house. We walked through a door ahead of us that showed us to the main entrance. The shiny flooring glistened in the light of the chandelier overhead the fancy staircase, that seemed much too grand to belong inside a family house.

      I felt more like I was spending a weekend with royalty, rather than potential foster parents.

      "Now, we didn't want it to be too much for you so Jaime, our son, is staying at a friend's house for the weekend." Amy announced. I marvelled at the way her voice echoed throughout the regal walls of the palace they called a home.

      I barely felt any relief with Amy's announcement. I was sure it was supposed to be reassuring but I'd spend my entire life living in a three-story building filled to the brim with boys. Sharing a house, especially one as large as this, with one teenager for a weekend wouldn't have been a problem.

      Arthur ushered me across the marble floor that laid itself out before the grandeur of the staircase, as if bowing at its glory. I was guided through another small doorway. From the size of the foyer itself, you couldn't imagine being able to fit much more under the roof.

      Oh, but they did. I entered the room, realising it was a kitchen. All the counter-tops were sparkling fresh, like early Sunday mornings. The grey of the sky lit up the space through large windows that ran along one wall.

      Arthur sat himself down a the centre island, surrounded by white cupboards and a curve of counter-tops that hugged one oval wall of the room. They almost looked like crystal in the lighting. Arthur, a grin brightening his features, was about to say something until the sound of his wife interrupted his train of thought.

      "I thought you were staying at your friends?" it wasn't angry and it wasn't loud. It was confused, an echo that bounced around the walls of the foyer, sneaking through the door to the kitchen where it found our ears.

      "I was but something came up with his grandma. You know, the one with all the ailments?"

      There were footsteps with no words for a few moments, and then a boy about the same height as myself waltzed through the doorway the same way I suppose he'd done for as long as he could remember.