Chapter 13 [rewritten]

Chapter 13; Their Date

The days had went by sooner than they had expected them to, and neither parties weren't sure of whether or not they should've been excited or nervous.

Unironically enough, both teenagers felt both.

Mikasa was sitting idly on her bed, a towel wrapped around her waist as her dampened ebony locks fell beyond her shoulders. She stared into her reflection, head tilted as if she were questioning something.

In the neighboring house, Eren laid on his back on his bed, his hair also messy and disheveled. He stared up at his ceiling, only in his boxers and a loose t-shirt with his brows knitted in the middle. He seemed to have the same questioning expression on his face as well.

'Is this really happening?' Both teens wondered.

Mikasa jumped at the sound of rapid knocking, and she sighed before she got up and opened her bedroom door.

"Yeah?" She asked, seeing Levi on the other side.

"Petra's gonna come over for dinner, so just be back by then." Levi informed.

Mikasa smirked and cocked a brow. "Petra, huh?" She said, her tone making it obvious that she was preparing to tease her brother.

"It's a business dinner." He flatly said.

Mikasa hummed, leaning up against her doorway. "Are you sure?"

Levi sighed, "yes, I'm sure. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a date with a broom and a bottle of Clorox." He said.

Mikasa rose a brow. "Don't you mean a date with-"

"Bye." Levi said before she could finish. Before Mikasa knew it, he had pivoted on his heel and began walking away before she could to embarrass him. She sighed, shaking her head but she still smiled.

Mikasa was glad that Levi was finding someone, even if it were just a friend. Ever since they moved out here by themselves, both Ackermans had been quite lonely. So seeing Levi gain a companion was nice for the both of them.

Mikasa closed her door and strolled her closet, opening it up to see nothing bright or exciting. She sighed, remembering how dark her wardrobe selection was and she knew that if she wanted to impress Eren she'd have to be creative.

She pulled out a black shirt with thin straps, then a maroon skirt and a cardigan similar in color to the skirt. She put on black stockings as well, and when she finished she went to her small vanity.

She ran her fingers through her long hair as she stared at her reflecting, not exactly sure on what she was to do with it. She fingered a few locks of her ebony hair, her lips pressed together in a pout. The more she thought about what she should do with her hair, the more she became frustrated.

Finally, the girl came to an impasse and she grabbed a hair tie, pulling her long hair back into a bun. Finally, when she felt somewhat satisfied, she stared at her reflection.

She turned to face the larger mirror in her room, standing up to get the full view of her body.

"Holy shit..." she muttered under her breath.

Was that really her? Was the girl staring back at her through that mirror really her?

She looked—felt—so different!

Her phone rang, snapping the girl back to reality and she skipped to her phone and answered the call.

"Hey, I'm outside." Eren's husky voice was heard.