12.

A.N.: I've added her outfit for the dance on top, and the song choice for this chapter :) love you all, thank you for reading!

☾ ✶ ☽

    A night with Matt consisted of Kart Racing, fast food, and ice cream sundaes

    A night with Matt consisted of Kart Racing, fast food, and ice cream sundaes. Elizandra's respect for Matt elevated. Not everyone had the talent to take things off her mind. She gracefully laughed last night and can honestly say she had a great time. Once Matt had drove away after arriving back at her house, Elizandra was once again left alone. It was odd to think. She always stated she'd rather be left alone. Only Brady and Aidan could say they've seen her cry —well, maybe just Brady now.

She always made sure nobody sees her cry. Whenever Elizandra's thoughts battled one another to the point it overwhelmed her, shifting into her wolf always suppressed them. She could be gone for hours just running in the woods. It was therapeutic. This way she wouldn't have to worry about anybody seeing her cry. She thought it to be vulnerable.

But, right now, at this moment, she felt isolated. And maybe it was her fault. All these years of pushing everyone away maybe she just gave off a natural vibe now screaming for everyonee to "stay away, don't get attached".

Right now she was alone, what she used to always want. But now, maybe she just wanted someone to break down the facade she bore. Someone to call her out on her bullshit as much as it would bug her, because it would prove to her that someone was making an effort.

☾ ✶ ☽

"I really need you here, Eli." Caroline whined in a whisper.

"I'm on my way already, Care. Just tryna find some pins to hold down this headband." Elizandra rummaged through each drawer in the bathroom and in her vanity. "Crap." She huffs.

"What, what?" Caroline asks through the phone as she dodges a flirty boy heading her way. "Gross." She scrunches her nose.

"I can't find any pins. How do I not own any hairpins? I have hair." Elizandra places a fist on her hip, trying to remember the last time she actually wore hairpins. She never styled her hair besides parting it to the side and ironing it; whether in curls, waves, straightening, or crimping it. She thanked the heavens for her good ass Direwolf genes. Something about it didn't allow her hair to turn to hay, even after all the heat she applied to it.

"Oh, don't worry! I have a ton in my purse just get your ass down here I need you to growl at these horny boys." Caroline huffs after, and walks out of the cafeteria into the quiet school halls.

"Care, you're a vampire. Flash those black veins under your eyes."

"I know you're scowling as you say that."