Family?

~~~Bella's Pov~~~
I followed the car to an old mansion somewhere deep in the woods, but it actually wasn't far from our home. Sitting in a tree I watched as my daughter and the people she came with unpacked their things. She came here with two women, a man, and a girl who didn't look much older than her. She grew up to look just like me...dark wavy hair, pale skin, but she still had a bit of Edward in her features. I burned with jealously as she referred to one of the women as mom, but the others called her Katherine. I was her mother, I protected her when I was pregnant, I died for her! And all Katherine did was take her in yet my daughter considers that bimbo her mother. The other woman was named Hayley she was the little girls mother, thankfully Rosabelle wasn't close to her. The man was Elijah, I did find him attractive he was certainly handsome, but he was like a father to Rosabelle, and only Edward is Rosabelle's father. The girl she was with looked nothing like her mother, she had ugly bright red hair and blue eyes with freckles dotting her face.

As I sat in the tree watching them I reached up to grab a higher branch because Rosabelle was going inside the house and out of where I could see her. But my newborn strength (or what was left of it) decided to kick in and I ended up ripping the entire branch off. Katherine, Hayley, and Elijah quickly snapped their heads in my direction but only Katherine and Elijah ran towards me. I ran and thought I had lost them but it sounded as if they were keeping up perfectly, they were almost near me. I tried to run faster and eventually heard their footsteps disappearing. Letting out a sigh of relief I stopped and looked over my shoulder, "How were they able to keep up with me if they aren't vampires...wait they didn't have heartbeats only Rosabelle and Hope did!" Realizing this I quickly took off in the direction of my home. I need to ask Carlisle if there's a different species of vampire.

~~~Katherine's Pov~~~
Elijah and I shared a glance after we watched the girl disappear in a blur from the tree we were hiding in. I recognized her from the times I had to wake Rosa up from her nightmares and accidentally saw them instead. She was Isabella, the woman who is right below the worst mother's in history ranking. She knows Rosa is here, which is not good at all, "Katherine!" I looked at Elijah with wide eyes when I realized that I had spaced out. "Sorry Elijah I was just thinking, anyway did you ask something?" "Yes I asked if you knew or recognized her." I looked out over the landscape of the many trees surrounding us before I answered him. "You never forget the woman who causes your child to have nightmares and also caused them pain." "You mean she was-" "Rosa's birth mother, yeah that was her." I cutoff Elijah because I didn't want to talk about the subject anymore it made me think things I didn't want. What if the Volturi take my little princess away and give her right back to that monster? What if they kill her because of her powers? That last thought made me shiver uncomfortably.

I jumped a little when I felt Elijah's arms wrap around me as he pulled me into his chest and tucked my head under his chin. "No matter what happens, I won't let them take Rosabelle away from you Katherine. I'd have to die first for them to even go near you both. I promise you that, I give you my word." "And I give you mine that if you die Elijah Mikaelson I'm going to be right behind you." Elijah pulled away from me and looked right into my eyes and I was glad I wasn't the only one tearing up. "You have to live Katerina, who's going to take care of Rosabelle if you don't?" "If Rosa does get taken and you die, what point is there in living, because I won't live without either of you." I let a few tears escape my eyes because I can see what a life without Rosa and Elijah would look like, and it looks like hell. Elijah doesn't even have to be with me, just as long as I know he's safe and happy I can live with that. But if he dies and my daughter gets taken away from me I don't know what I'll do. I love them both but they can get taken away from me just like everyone else. And this is why I'm better off being alone, 'cause when your alone you don't have to worry about people you love dying...because there is no one you love other than yourself.

"We should go back, Rosa is probably driving Hope insane with how worried she is." I jumped from Elijah's grip around me and landed on my feet walking away without even looking back.

~~~The Next Day~~~
Today's the day, we're going to meet the Volturi. I felt just like I did when Rosa first met Hope, nervous and scared. I couldn't sleep last night didn't even try actually. Plus it's not like I need to sleep I'm dead so what's the point. My eyes kept skimming the woods in front of me in case Aro sent one of his favorite pets to come get us early. Another hand slipped into mine and gave it a reassuring yet gentle squeeze, I knew who it was before I even heard their voice. "Everything will be alright Katherine they've already met Rosabelle's sister and decided she wasn't a threat to their kind." Elijah told me calmly but I wasn't in the mood to be calm. "Only because the Cullens threatened them, they were outnumbered and the pixie or whatever her name is showed Aro a future he couldn't risk." I whispered back to him harshly and yanked my hand away from his. But he simply grabbed it back in his gently and just stood there with me in complete silence. "Elijah, Katherine?" I yanked my hand away from his again and turned around to face Hayley who was eyeing us suspiciously.

"Yes Hayley?" "The girls are ready to go." "Great, could you go get them please?" She nodded her head and slowly turned around after giving us one last glance. "She's a nice girl." Elijah was looking at me suspiciously now. "She is." "Fall for Hayley Elijah, she's already in love with you." He looked at me if I was crazy I don't blame him though, yesterday I was practically clinging onto him and asking him not to leave me. I had a whole night to think about it and I realized that I was being selfish for wanting to tie him to me. This isn't the first time I've been selfish like this but I can't do this to Elijah, this is his immortal life and he should live it how he wants. "What?" "You heard me Elijah. Hayley is perfect for you and can give you the life I can't." I told him while finally looking him in the eyes that were full of emotions. "And what can Hayley give me that you can't?" Now I'm starting to cry again. "A happy ending." "Can't I decided what and who I want." I laughed a bitter laugh and looked at my feet. "That's just it Elijah. A person is allowed to make whatever choices they want in life. So I'm choosing to walk away and let you live yours." I could slightly feel my dead heart breaking, it's been a while since I've felt heartbreak.

"You don't mean that Katherine." I could hear the the sadness in his voice. "How do you know?" "Because you can't look me in the eyes. We're a family Katherine you can't do this." I kicked a rock that was on the floor into a tree which caused a huge hole in the trunk, "I wonder if that's what my heart looks like now?" I thought before replying to Elijah. "Family? We're not a family Elijah."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What have I done 😵

Bye 💖