Chapter 24: Breaking A Promise

Start from the beginning

"So all his bad feelings...they formed together?" Luigi asked.

"Bingo." Oiram said. "Mario's not exactly what you expect him to be. He can be a hero in the light, but once he touches the dark...he's a completely different person, your enemy to be exact."

"We'll never turn against him!" Peach exclaimed. "He's our friend, and friends never turn against each other!"

"Oh, grow up." Oiram said annoyed, leaning against one of the rocky walls. "You really think it'll last forever? You know nothing lasts, nothing is immortal. One way or another, that connection you have will break.

And who will break that connection? A certain green plumber will be the judge of that." Oiram pointed his scythe directly at Luigi as his eyes widened a little.

"N-No...I won't!" He denied. "You're trying to get under my skin. I-It'll never work! I'm gonna find my brother, and put an end to this nightmare!"

"Tsk, alright then. Your game, you make the rules...but you know I'm right. By the time you catch up, he won't be the same confident hero like he was before. You'll see him as someone who won't even have the courage to face life anymore."

"SHUT UP!" Luigi brought out two blades of light. He ran at Oiram, and yelled as he tried to him him, but he blocked his attacks with his scythe. Seeing this, Oiram chuckled.

"Of course, you have the god's light to do the hard work for you." He said. "You know you're only falling for his lies."

"I am not lying!" 'Luigi' exclaimed. "I am only doing what is right for humanity! I will give it what it truly deserves!"

"Sure, keep telling yourself that, liar." Oiram said as he knocked the blades out of his hands, and he kicked him in the chest and hit him back with his scythe as he screamed in pain.

"Luigi!" Peach ran over to him as he fell onto his back. He put his hand on his chest as he glared at Oiram.

"Time's running out. You should keep that light to yourself instead of sharing it. It's safe that way." Oiram then disappeared in darkness as Luigi winced as he put his other hand on his head.

"Luigi! Are you okay?" Dreambert asked concerned as he and Starlow floated over to him.

"Y-Yeah...I'm fine." He assured as he tried to stand, but Peach held him down.

"Hold still." She put both her hands on her chest and closed her eyes for a moment and she muttered something. Within only five seconds, Luigi gasped a little seeing a pink aura outline his body. He saw a small heart appear on his chest until it disappeared. He looked again, and his eyes widened a little seeing that the scratch was gone as if nothing had ever happened.

"W-Wow...what was that?" He asked in surprise.

"Therapy." She said. "I learned it a long time ago...but it's also been a long time since I used it." She rubbed the back of her neck nervously.

"Still, thanks Peach." Luigi smiled as he nodded his head at her.

"Hate to break it to ya, but we gotta get going." Bowser said. "We gotta get to Mario before that punk does something else."