Chapter Nineteen

Hadley approached the Chip Shop, taking deep breaths

Hadley approached the Chip Shop, taking deep breaths. This was it, all she needed to do was confront Harry and break up with him. It was simple and she shouldn't be, but she was honestly terrified.

"Hey! Hey Blueberry!" Hadley groaned and turned around to face Gil.

"What do you want, Gilly?" She sighed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Oh, uh, I just wanted to tell you that Harry's looking for you. And he's really really mad. Like, as mad as Uma gets when Mal beats her." Gil said before, pulling an egg seemingly out of nowhere, causing Hadley to raise her eyebrows but she knew better than to question it. She simply rolled her eyes and then just walked away from him. "Hey Hadleyyyyy wait!" Gil whined, but she just kept walking, going into the Chip Shop and heading into the back where the rooms were.

She found the door to her own room open, so she cautiously walked in. Everything looked normal. She sighed softly and slowly walked around the room, looking at everything there. The furniture was pretty worn down and broken like it always had been. The blue flame spray paint on the wall to claim the room as Hadley's. It wouldn't be for much longer. This would probably be her last time in this room. She was now stood next to the bed and looked down at the bedside table. The Captain's hat. Uma's Captain hat. Hadley gently picked it up and looked down at it. It was never hers. It had never fit right on her head. She wasn't the Captain, she never wanted to be either. It was all just twisted up in her head by the pirate she called her boyfriend. It wasn't what she wanted, it wasn't Hadley's story. It was Harry's. And Hadley was never a side character in his tale, she had her own. And she didn't want it to be like this, her with a Captain's hat and responsibilities she could never fill. A boyfriend who she didn't feel infatuated with, it wasn't anything close to love that deep down she knew she wanted to feel. But the truth was, she was never looking for love or responsibilities or a Captain's hat. She wanted happiness. And that's what she needed to find. Before any relationship, before any responsibilities. Happiness.

Hadley felt a tear roll down her cheek as she bowed her head, closing her eyes. She held the hat in one hand and brought her other up to her face, covering her eyes as she let out a gentle sob.

"Pull yourself together, Blue." She muttered, opening her eyes. She blinked her tears away and then looked at the bedside table again. "Blue..." She repeated as something caught her eye on the table. Grey's camera. She placed the pirate hat beside her on the bed and then leaned over. She smiled softly and picked the camera up, gently fiddling with it. She then opened one of the drawers where all the rest of the stuff she'd stolen from Grey were. The hoodie and the t-shirt, the notes he'd written to her, etc. She was of course already wearing the leather jacket he gave her before he left. She never took it off, it was her part of Grey she still had with her. She needed it. She needed him.

Hadley started to sob again as she just held her head in her hands. She missed Grey with all of her being. It was too much, he was a world away and it was possible that she would never even see him again.

"What? You missing your best friend? Or should I say friends with benefits? Well, sorry but I hold no sympathy for you. You've found a replacement already." Harry's voice pulled her from her thoughts and she jumped, lifting her head and looking at him.

"Are you fucking serious right now?" Hadley shook her head, moving to stand up after wiping the tears from her eyes and cheeks.

"How much longer were you planning on lying to me about Franky? I know you've slept with him." Harry said as he walked into the room, walking towards Hadley. She was taken aback, not expecting him to know. But, she pushed her guard back up and just glared at him.

"And how much longer were you planning on pretending you haven't manipulated me for our whole fucking relationship?" She questioned, her voice already raising. Harry faltered for a moment but quickly pushed his tough act back up.

"Answer my question, Hadley." Harry pressed, looking down at Hadley.

"You answer my question." She responded simply, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I asked first. Answer." He said harshly. Hadley was so over this already.

"Fine. You want your answer? I was lying to you because I thought it was a one off. Guess why it happened in the first place? Because you were a dick to me and I got drunk. Yeah, in case you hadn't met me I don't know how to deal with my feelings and being hurt, so what do I do? Get drunk and have sex. I don't think that's a surprise, do you?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow at him. "Also, guess fucking what. I went back because he found me in another bad state about to murder Uma. Turns out he fucking cares about me and is so much sweeter and kinder than you ever were to me. And yes, I fucked him twice because he is also so much better in bed than you, might I add. There's your fucking answer." Hadley finished, losing any care of doing this neatly and calmly. She was just going to go for it now. Harry was staring at her in shock and the fact that his anger was bubbling up was evident.

"Hang on, do you have feelings for this dude?" Harry questioned, to which Hadley widened her eyes and went silent for a moment before shaking her head.

"No, don't be so fucking ridiculous." She scoffed. "Now answer my fucking question. Why did you think you could hide your manipulation schemes? Why did you think you could just fucking use me?" She asked, tears pricking her eyes again. Harry recomposed himself and cleared his throat, sighing.

"You want the honest answer too, don't you? Well, dearest flame, you are so much more naive than people think you are. You always had that spark in you and you always wanted more. And the thing that you and Uma had against each other, I could so easily use that for this. But the main truth is," He reached out with his hook and went to caress Hadley's cheek with it, but her hand shot up and she grabbed it, holding it firmly and tightly away from her. Tears were falling down her cheeks at this point. "We're villains, Hadley. We get what we want through schemes and plans. I wanted more power, and I knew with you as Captain and my girlfriend I could get that. I never loved you, none of us will ever know what love is. I just had to keep you hooked in, and that I did." He continued, ripping his hook from her grip and began to walk around the room. His hook left a scratch across the spray-painted flame on the wall. He then walked over to Hadley and leaned towards her ear. "I knew it wouldn't last forever. But I still won." He whispered in her ear. Hadley was staring at the wall, tears streaming down her cheeks as his words sunk in.

"Yeah, you did." She managed in a whisper. She turned around to face him and picked up the Captain hat off the bed. "This isn't mine. I don't want it. I never did. It was all you. I never wanted the responsibilities. I never wanted a relationship either. It was all you. I'm my own person, and I can't be your pawn or object anymore. I'm done." She declared, handing him the pirate hat. "Your dearest flame has just about went out, hooky." She muttered as she picked up all of Grey's stuff from the bed. "Goodbye, Harry." She whispered, backing away as she looked at him. She couldn't read the emotions on his face. His face was too blurred from the tears in her eyes. She took one last look at him, and it was that evil smirk. The same one she saw when they'd first met. The whole time, a lie. Harry Hook was truly a villain. And Hadley Underworld was a mess.

-