Chapter Eleven

"How do you know about that?" Hadley asked harshly, her arms crossed over her chest as she glared at Freddie

"Woah, don't go all fiery on me." Freddie held her hands up in defense, leaning against one of the poles on the pirate ship. Hadley was leaning against the decking. "It's not that hard to miss the sparks and ashes that float around your head and the literal fire I've watched you create with your mind." Freddie pointed out, looking at the grey-haired woman.

"Well, you're not going to get any answers from me because I'm trying to find them myself." Hadley muttered, glancing down at the wood of the floor. "Wait," Her head shot up, her gaze falling onto Freddie. "How the fuck do you know about my powers?" She questioned, sudden confusion in her tone. Freddie visibly tensed and Hadley rose an eyebrow at the change in manner. However, before Freddie could answer or Hadley could press any further, the pair's attention was attracted by none other than Hadley's fake-hooked boyfriend.

"Well, well, well, isn't this a surprise." Harry said as he walked across the ship, towards the girls. He was twirling a sword in his fingertips as he approached them.

"What do you want, Hooky?" Hadley asked, blowing a bit of hair out of her face.

"I want to see my girlfriend, is that so wrong?" He questioned, tilting his head as he looked at Hadley. "Well, I wanted to see my girlfriend alone, but," He turned around to where Freddie had been stood, only for his face to drop in confusion. Hadley's gaze followed his and she furrowed her eyebrows. Freddie was gone.

"How the fuck did she do that?" Hadley questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Her dad's the Shadow Man, flame, of course she can disappear without a trace." Harry responded in a duh-tone.

"Shut up." Hadley rolled her eyes. "Well, the last time we spoke, you said-" He cut her off, pressing a finger to her lips.

"Why don't we just forget about that, eh?" He muttered as his fingertip moved from her lips down to her jaw. Hadley sighed and just decided to change the subject.

"Why do you have a sword?" She asked, her gaze falling onto the sword in his hand.

"Why not?" He replied with a shrug.

"Because you're dangerous and would probably end up poking someone's eye out. Probably your own." She said, stepping forward. She grabbed the sword so he couldn't start swinging it again and held it with a tight grip. "You should not be trusted with it."

"Oh c'mon flame, I'm not Gil." He scoffed, trying to pull the sword away from her but ultimately failing. "I'm not that idiotic. And I'm not any less trustworthy with a sword than you are." He added.

"I beg to differ." She shrugged, yanking the sword out of his grip. She then threw it up into the air. It spun around and she caught it by the handle. She jabbed it forward, the tip of the blade lightly pressing into his neck. "We both know I can handle a sword better." She shot him a fake smile. Harry rose an eyebrow, glancing down at the blade. He then walked away from her, a grin forming on his lips again. He grabbed another sword from a barrel and walked back over to her. He clashed the metal of his sword against hers, triggering her quick reaction to raise her sword to counteract the movement.

"Let's duel for that, flame." Harry said, quickly moving his sword. However, she blocked it quicker and smirked slightly.

"Are you sure you want to challenge me to that right now, hooky?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow as she swiftly moved her sword, catching him out. "Do you remember what happened last time?" She asked as he clashed his sword against hers. She jumped back and jabbed her sword forward.

"As a matter of fact, I do," Harry nodded and moved forward. She quickly moved to block his sword movement, the metal clashing. "And that's why I have to prove that I'm the better swordsman here." He grinned at her. She tilted her head and suddenly moved around him, pushing him into the decking of the ship, holding her sword to his throat.

"Oh please, hooky," She smirked. "You're barely a man in the first place." She said. Suddenly, he flipped them around so she he was pinning her against the deck.

"I'm sure I can prove to you how wrong you are there." He said, his grin slowly turning into a smirk.

"I thought you'd know better than to challenge me, hooky," She said, pushing him away from her and jabbing her sword towards him. "We both know there's only one right. And that right, is me." She said, scratching his shoulder with her sword, so much that it drew blood. He winced and shook his head. He quickly pushed his sword forward, towards her head. However, she didn't duck in time. The tip of the sword managed to scrape across her cheek, drawing a bit of blood. She sucked in her teeth and glared at him as she stood straight.

"It's called payback, flame." He grinned. She thrust her sword forward and the pair began to properly sword fight. The sound of the two swords clashing vibrating against the concentrated silence. After each of them had acquired a few new scratches, Hadley managed to knock Harry's sword out of his hand. She smirked at him as the sword clattered to the floor. Before he could pick it up, she stood on it and kicked it away, out of his reach.

"Who's the better swordsman now?" She asked, holding her own sword over her shoulder. He rolled his eyes and pushed her against one of the masts of the ship. The sudden force made her drop her sword to beside her as he crashed his lips against hers. His hands travelled down to her waist as he kissed her aggressively. She began to kiss him back with just as much aggression, her arms wrapping around his neck.

After a while of making out, he began to trail his kisses down to her neck, and she tilted her head back as a quiet moan slipped out from her mouth. However, she suddenly smirked and with full force, pushed him to the floor. He hadn't expected the force, and therefore fell onto his back. Hadley grinned and quickly bent down, picking up her sword. She then pressed her foot against his chest to keep him down, gently pressing the tip of her sword into his neck.

"I win." She said, slightly breathless. She flipped her hair back from her face, looking down at him. He tried to speak, but she was pressing down on his chest with her foot too hard, so he had to focus on breathing. Hadley suddenly released her foot from his chest, leaving him gasping for breath. She grinned, twisting her sword and holding it over her shoulder. Satisfied, she strutted away from him without another word, leaving him on the ship, a sore loser.

-