Chapter Five

"So," Freddie began as Hadley placed her bottle on the table

"So," Freddie began as Hadley placed her bottle on the table. They sat at a table in the chip shop now. Uma was working her shift, and she had been glancing at Hadley a lot. A few times they would awkwardly lock eye contact, but Hadley would quickly look away. "How's being a Captain going for you?" Freddie asked.

"Oh you know," Hadley leaned back in her seat. "The same old annoying pirates that used to be scared of me. Only now not all of them dare to call me Blueberry." She shrugged, picking her bottle up off the table and taking a sip from the straw.

"Yeah. How'd the Blueberry thing even start?" Freddie questioned, resting a hand on the table.

"Have you seen my hair?" Hadley rose an eyebrow, shaking her head slightly so her hair fell in front of her face.

"Yeah. But it isn't the colour of a blueberry. It's... brighter? Bluer?" Freddie tilted her head, not being able to think of a better word to say.

"Doesn't matter to them, they still call me Blueberry." Hadley shrugged, placing her bottle on the table again.

"They should respect you at least a little bit more." Freddie looked at the blue-haired woman. "You are their Captain after all." She added.

"Pirates and respect don't go together." Hadley let out a small sigh. "It would be like speaking in Greek trying to ask them for respect." She said as the two girls looked out to where some of the pirates were pushing each other around. "Ιδιώτες." Hadley muttered, rolling her eyes.

"So you speak Greek?" Freddie asked as they turned back to face each other.

"Well, yeah," Hadley replied. "Hades. Greek God. Ring a bell?" She rose an eyebrow.

"Yeah yeah, I'm not fucking stupid." Freddie responded, rolling her eyes.

"Are you sure about that? You do seem to have been around pirates a lot in the past." Hadley shrugged, a slight grin on her lips. "I can see their influence." Freddie rose an eyebrow, but before she could respond, the pair were interrupted by Uma dropping two trays down onto the table.

"You're welcome, Your Highness." Uma rolled her eyes. Hadley chuckled slightly.

"I see someone's been drinking water with too much salt in it." The blue-haired woman muttered, Freddie sniggering slightly. Uma shot a glare of daggers at Hadley. "What? Oh come on, Shrimpy, you know I'm right." She continued, crossing her arms over her chest as Uma began to walk away. "Losing to me once again? Seems to be that I am right, just how I always have been." Hadley taunted Uma. The waitress stopped for a moment and then spun around. She walked back towards Hadley and Freddie's table and slammed her fist down on it.

"I have a lot I can use against you, Blueberry." Uma warned. "Don't try me. Or I'll make sure everyone finds out about what happened on that day." She threatened with a harsh tone. Hadley bit her tongue and watched Uma walk away. Uma had kissed her, not the other way around. What effect would that have on Hadley? Surely it wouldn't matter. Uma would just be exposing herself.

"What was all that about?" Freddie asked, pulling Hadley from her thoughts.

"Τίποτα." Hadley muttered, picking a french fry up from her tray and taking a bite from it.

"Yeah I'm gonna need that in English." Freddie said.

"Nothing." Hadley replied. "It was nothing." Freddie rose an eyebrow but relented from questioning further. She'd find out. Well, in her mind she believed she'd find out eventually. Hadley noticed the look on Freddie's face and let out a sigh. "I stole her crown... well, pirate hat. Of course she's going to try and threaten me. But it's not going to work." Hadley said, picking another french fry up and eating it. Freddie nodded slowly and crossed her arms over her chest. Her eyes lingered on Hadley for a moment before her gaze moved onto Uma, making her rounds around the other tables in the shop.

Suddenly, Hadley noticed an arm reaching over her shoulder. She looked behind her and noticed her boyfriend, Harry Hook trying to steal her food.

"Fuck off." She punched his arm, but not before he managed to grab a handful of fries and stuff them in his mouth. "Dick." She muttered as he walked around to stand next to where he was sat. Harry chuckled.

"Oh flame, don't be so-" He stopped dead when his eyes fell upon Freddie. He hadn't noticed her previously, he had just assumed Hadley was alone. "You're with her again?"

"Yes. What's your problem?" Hadley asked, glancing at Harry.

"I told you." Harry said through gritted teeth. "But I didn't get to tell you all of it."

"You could at least pretend to be happy to see me." Freddie commented, raising an eyebrow at Harry, who opened his mouth to respond, but Hadley held her hand up, indicating for him to shut up.

"I heard enough." Hadley interrupted. "Now, hooky, you can either stay and deal with her, or you can leave and I'll come see you later." She looked up at him and smiled slightly, she herself didn't know whether it was fake or genuine.

"You didn't. I didn't fini-" Harry said with a small sigh.

"Look," Freddie cut him off as she stood up. "I'll go." She sighed and looked at Hadley. "Since your Hooky-boy can't tolerate me. And I have no place here."

"Freddie," Hadley said, standing up as well. "You don't have to-"

"Yeah, I do." Freddie said with a somewhat harsh tone that confused Hadley. However, she realised and quickly calmed. "My dad probably wants me anyway." She shrugged it off and without another word, walked away, and out of the shop. Both Hadley and Harry turned and watched the woman leave.

-