"Um." Lily scratched her head, flinching when the aching knot in her shoulder twisted. "I'm not sure. It's temporarily paralysed."

"Oh," Niall's eyes danced over her, never landing on her own - he couldn't see them this far away. "I hope you heal up soon."

"Thank you." Lily smiled and then realised Niall probably couldn't see her smiling. The awkwardness snapped in place when she realised they were all just standing by Jack's car.

"I'm fine too." Jack broke the tension. "I mean, my wrist are swollen but, you know, I'm great otherwise - shall we get in the car?"

Niall laughed and Lily grinned, thankful Jack was with her. She always seemed to know when Lily was stuck and got her out before her anxiety rolled in like a storm. "Yep, let's go." She whispered unintentionally. Lily blinked in surprise when Niall's hand brushed along the car until he found the door handle, opening the door for her.

"Oh, thank you." Lily flushed, hopping into the passenger seat. Niall gently shut the door behind her before he slid into the backseat. Jack raised an eyebrow at Lily, eyes alight in amusement as well as magic, the green wisps coiling around her hands as she turned the ignition.

"Are you guys excited to see Tyrill?" Niall beamed, hands on their headrests as Jack began driving, the car jolting as they rode over shards of bark from the tree Jack had exploded what felt like hours ago.

"We've never been." Lily said, speaking despite the static in her stomach. Was she still being awkward?

"I hope you like snow then - Tyrill's right by the ski slopes. Do you guys ski or snowboard?" Niall asked, practically bouncing in his seat.

"Oh no, not me." Jack said, wincing when she turned the wheel to follow the road, her wrists straining. She wished someone else was here to drive them to Niall's home town. "I'll fall flat on my face in seconds."

"That's fun, though! What about you Lily?"

Lily paused hearing Niall say her name, the slight accent sending goosebumps over her arms. "I, uh, I haven't skied or snowboarded before." She admitted, hiding behind her now dry hair.

"You're going to love it, I'll teach you both how to snowboard if you like?" He offered. Lily hesitated, smiling at the offer, but the smile faded when Niall spoke again. "When your arm is better, I should say, sorry."

"That's okay." Lily's foot started to bounce in the car after she tried to fidget with her fingers, forgetting her right hand was still numb to movement.

Jack waited for Lily to say more, and after she didn't she spoke up. "I don't fancy falling on my face for the world to see." She said. "Is there a place we can stay in Tyrill, by the way? A motel or something?"

"There's the Inn," Niall mused, "but I don't think there's any rooms free. You can stay in my house though?"

Jack raised an eyebrow, staring at him in the rear view mirror. "We've just met and now you want us to stay with you? How do I know you're not going to kill us while we sleep?"

Niall shrugged. "I'm just offering. My parents are in Ireland at the moment but my uncle won't mind you two staying if you two don't mind sharing a bed?"

Lily paused at the offer. "I don't mind?" She said, watching Jack's face. The witch was glaring at Niall but he couldn't see the disapproval in her eyes. "Jack?"

"I don't mind." She mumbled. Jack hated sharing a bed - she liked having her own pillows and blankets, and she wriggled viciously enough she'd accidentally kick Lily out during the night. "Who else is in the house besides you and your uncle?"