1. Kiyoshi Teppei: Timeliness

Start from the beginning

“First day back and I already have a brand new girl friend.” He muttered under his breath.

“What?” You gasped as your cool demeanor was thrown out the window. “Did you just say what I think you just said?”

“I said you’re my new girl friend.” He replied innocently.

You waved your hands, a blush working itself onto your almost always plain (S/C) cheeks. “Whoa, whoa, whoa. We just met. There’s no way I would–“

Kiyoshi burst into laughter and made everyone look at him. You hid your face in your hand in secondhand embarrassment, wondering if your new desk neighbor was crazy. He finished his fit about a minute later with a chuckle.

“That’s funny, but I didn’t say it in that way, (L/N)-chan. I meant like I have a new female friend.” He corrected, that stupid smile even larger than before.

You stared at him blankly. “Oh,” Then it hit you and you face-palmed with a loud groan. “That’s so embarrassing!”

Kiyoshi just laughed at your reaction and the teacher told the two of you to quiet down and began class.

                                                                                       *\(^o^)/*

It turns out that you had every class with Kiyoshi. Every time he would sit next to you and sprout a conversation about whatever random topic came to mind. It was nice to talk to someone at school without having them stammer and try to get away from you. Even at lunch he joined you on the roof top and fed (read: forced) you to try some of his bento.

He was catapulting over all of your titanic walls with the ease of an Olympic hurdler and grace of a professional ballet dancer. It took him three weeks to get you to go to his basketball practice and you became (read: forced) the manager. Basically all you did was clean, give out and refill water bottles, and gave out towels.

“Why are you guys so obsessed about basketball?” You voiced your major question one day as you walked home with Kiyoshi. It turned out he lived a couple blocks away and he decided to tag along with you.

“Everyone has their own reasons.” Kiyoshi vaguely responded. He stared off into the distance and you scowled when he didn’t continue.

“What’s your reason, Kiyoshi-kun?” You prodded bluntly.

A ghost of a smile appeared on his face and he put his hands behind his head, not looking at you as he began, “I used to play basketball because it was fun to play and I was good at it. I’m sure I’ve told you this before, but Seirin didn’t have a basketball team until I created one with Hyūga and the others. I realized that playing for just for me was selfish and it’s more enjoyable to play with others, for each other. There’s no better feeling than helping one another reach victory through teamwork with those you come to love as brothers.”

The setting sun’s orange glow made him look absolutely majestic as he talked to you. It was similar to a movie where the characters would have a heart-to-heart on a balcony. The slight breeze brushed yours’ and his hair back and when he turned his head and looked at you, you swore your heart skipped a beat.

A smile crept its way onto your face, a warm, fuzzy feeling warming you up at his heartwarming speech. “That’s deep, Kiyoshi-kun. I wouldn’t have ever thought of you saying that before.”

“We’re like a family and I wouldn’t want it any other way.” Kiyoshi paused in his steps and you turned around to face him. “That’s why I invited you to join the basketball club.”

You furrowed your eyebrows. “What?”

“People always talk about how scary you are and that you’re a bad person so they don’t talk to you. I figured out you’re just intimidating because of your looks, but there’s so much more to you behind that.” He explained. He took a step closer to you and you were too frozen in shock to move away. “You’re strong, independent, intelligent, and beautiful on the inside and out.”

“You really don’t have to say all of this. It’s embarrassing. Just cut to the chase and say what you want to say.” You interrupted. You felt your cheeks start to burn and inwardly cursed him for making you look like a ditzy schoolgirl.

“(L/N)-chan, I would be honored to call you my girlfriend and become your boyfriend.” Kiyoshi loudly proclaimed.

You raised an eyebrow with a dubious look. “I thought we were already friends. You already said that on your first day, remember?”

Kiyoshi reflected your confusion and he shook your head and let out an odd chuckle. He leaned down and grabbed your hands in his much larger ones and stared intensely into your eyes. “That’s not what I meant, (L/N)-chan. I mean as in a romantic relationship between the two of us.”

Realization dawned on you and your eyes nearly bulged out of your head and your face turned fire-truck red in .004 seconds. “Are you serious, Kiyoshi-kun?!”

He grinned in an unusually serious way. “Yes, I am.”

“Are you sure?” You asked quietly. You looked away and sighed softly. “You said it yourself. I’m that scary girl nobody wants to talk to and you’re this great guy that everybody admires. You could do so much better, Kiyoshi-kun. Trust me, you’ll regret ever putting up with me.”

Lips pressed onto yours and you went as still as a statue as Kiyoshi kissed you. You were unable to work your body and gaped at him when he pulled back. Sadness flashed in his eyes and you knew his laugh well enough to know it was fake.

“I won’t force you to answer my feelings right away. Just don’t keep me waiting to long.” He said. You were still unable to say anything and he waved at you and walked away. “See you Monday, (L/N)-chan!”

The forced happiness in his voice sounded pitiful and it made your heart clench in pain. You watched him walk away until he disappeared behind a corner, taking the last lights of the day with him. Purples and indigos painted the sky and you held your hand over your heart, trying to soothe its rapid thudding in your chest.

“I love you, too, Kiyoshi-kun.” You whispered, your words lost in the wind.

You smiled sadly and promised yourself to keep that single phrase under lock and key until you saw him the following week.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teppei-nii is so dopey >u<

You guys are mind readers or something. All the characters I've been working on you guys have been asking for. Are you psychics? Haha. I was actually in the middle of writing this when the first person requested it.

Coincidence, hmm?

Like I said before, REQUESTS ARE CLOSED FOR THE TIME BEING. I will let you guys know when they're open, mmkay?

Lots of love, Cora-chan <3