"I said, I don't think she is interested," This time, Jacin grabbed the man by the shirt and pulled. This placed the man face to face with Jacin. The man did a quick glance over his presented threat and almost wet himself.

"Hey man, I didn't know, just trying to find a lay for the night," This man was trying to sleep with me? Huh.

"Go find someone who is desperate enough to," Jacin voiced as he dropped the man's shirt. He scurried away in fear. He never looked back once.

Instead of saying 'thank you' to Jacin, which was obviously what he wanted me to do, I just turned back toward the bar, and placed my forearms on the counter top.

He stood there for a second, waiting for me to praise him for saving a maiden, such as myself. When I didn't he blurted, "Not even a thank you?"

I slowly turned my head back to him. I noticed that Candy was no longer next to me. She was now standing by her blonde friend, and was flirting with Roan. Wow, she moved fast.

"No, because I would have handled it myself," I bickered and turned my attention back to the bartender who seemed to enjoy ruining my life. If she did not put that stupid silver container down in the next few seconds, I would jump over this countertop and make the drink myself.

"Yeah, because you were doing so well when I intervened," he quipped back, which pissed me off.

"I would have figured it out. He was so drunk I doubt he could even see me properly. I would have just walked away. His drunk legs couldn't keep up," I blabbed. In actuality, I did not know what I would have done.

"The drunker they are, the harder it is to get them off your case. And with how good you look tonight, my guess is he wont be the first," he explained. Did he compliment me? That was even more confusing than Steroids.

"Can't you just turn your attention back to Candy or something. I just want one night of peace," I begged.

"Whose Candy?" he asked, apparently not understanding that the brunette had a new name. I just turned my head and nodded in her direction, which made him laugh, "Why do you call her Candy?"

"Do you really have to ask?" I said. A small strand of my blonde hair vacated my vision. I quickly moved it aside.

"You know, out of everyone I thought I might see tonight, you were at the bottom of the list. Actually, you weren't even on it. I didn't think..." I cut him off.

"What? They would let someone like me in here?" I beat him to the chase.

He did not respond right away. Instead he gave me a sheepish grin. It was 100% alcohol induced. I could tell by the way his eyes were slightly glazed over. "Is it just me, or have you been a little more fiery today? Usually, when insults are hurled at you, you just walk away. Apparently, not anymore," He chimed.

"Well, I guess your perspective on life changes after an apple is actually hurled at your head. I must say, you really have jumped from ignoring my exsistence to a psychopath in .02 seconds. Pretending I don't grace this planet is one thing, and physical is another," I leered at him. I looked around the club to see if Taylor had emerged from the bathroom. I could not find her, but what I did find were the eyes of hungry men who wanted me as their main meal. Iguess Jacin was right.

"You should have worn something not so revealing," Jacin said. I could feel the fire in my stomach erupt. No man could tell me what and what not to wear.

"Half of the girls here are wearing less clothes than me, so why does it matter? My body, my choice" I fumed looking him straight in the eye.

"I get it, you like getting oggoled by all these men? The people at school weren't enough?" he asked. From the corner of my eye, I could see the blonde bartender coming my way.

"What?" I asked in actual confusion, "What people at school look at me beyond the point of glaring or hurdling a comment fueled by wanting in your good graces. So I wore clothes that were a little more revealing. It makes me feel good. It makes me feel hot. So please, let me just have that for one night, " I finished right when the bartender showed up, preventing Jacin from saying whatever he wanted to say.

"What would you like?" she said in a strong southern accent. She was a beautiful girl with what seemed to be natural blonde hair and gorgeous blue eyes. She had a perfect tan, that also seemed to be the natural pigment of her skin. She could be a dead ringer for Jacin's sister.

"Just two vodka cranberries please," I ordered politely.

"No problem, that will be ten dollars and eighteen cents," She smiled. Right when I was about to search my pockets for the twenty I brought, Jacin slid fifteen dollars across the counter top.

"Here," was all he said, as the bartender reached down for the money.

"Awe, what a nice boyfriend you have," she beamed, as she placed the money in the cash register.

"Not my boyfriend," I said. Jacin stood their quiet.

"Oh sorry, you guys just radiated romance," she laughed as if she didn't scare both of us, "I'll be right back with your drinks," she finished and then turned around toward the shelves of alcohol.

Jacin and I did not talk for the next few minutes. We just sat there in silence. Every once in a while I would hear Candy and her friends laugh at something Roan said, but that was it. I was honestly surprised Jacin didn't walk over to the girls and get his flirt on, too.

"Here you go sweetheart," said the waitress as she handed me two drinks. I took one in both hands.

"Thanks," I said nicely. Right when I turned around to make my way towards the dance floor, Jacin made one last comment that probably hurt more than anything he had ever said.

"I'm sorry."

I stopped midstep, but did not turn around. Two words are not going to fix years of emotional pain. The fact that he apologized even showed that he knew it was wrong the whole time. That just made it worse. Without giving him the satisfaction of one more look, I walked away.