An Insecure Violet (Original Concept)

Start from the beginning

Two things happened after that explanation:

Kyouka glared at him silently.

He slept alone that night.

(Present)

Luckily, Eri's quirk control training was far enough along for her to just barely rewind things for a few seconds. Izuku didn't ask Eri to fix it, knowing how scared she was of her quirk. But, Eri actually offered to do it herself because she was more than happy to "Make Mama happy and get Papa out of the doghouse". How she learned doghouse as a term he still didn't know. 

In the end it was all okay and Kyouka accepted his apology. This time however, Izuku had absolutely no idea what was wrong. 'Did I say something? It's not an anniversary, I have those all planned out. It's not her birthday. It's not Eri's birthday. I didn't break anything...this time. It's not...that time of the month. She acts differently than this. It's not-'

"Are you just gonna stand outside and mutter all day Mop-head?" Izuku whipped around to see Kyouka in her doorway looking at him. "Cause it's kinda getting on my nerves."

"S-Sorry...Can I come in?" Kyouka motioned for Izuku to enter, and the two walked inside and sat side by side on Kyouka's bed. Izuku took Kyouka's hand, "Kyouka. What's wrong? If I did something, I'm so sorry. I'll-"

"What? No it's not you Izu. I-...Well it involves you, but you did nothing wrong." Izuku scrunched up his face in confusion. His silence signaled Kyouka to continue. "Izuku...Why do you like me?"

"Because I love you."

 Kyouka gave a breathy chuckle, "Nice try smart ass. I mean...I don't understand why you like me of all people. All of the other girls are so... beautiful, and smart, and energetic, and I'm just...I don't know." Kyouka began to tug and twirl on her earphone jacks as she looked at her lap. Izuku was being dead quiet, which to Kyouka meant he couldn't think of a legitimate reason. To which then she thought he would realize he could likely have any girl he wanted and leave her. 

What she didn't expect was to look up and see Izuku looking completely confused. "Why wouldn't I like you? I-I mean, you're Kyouka Jirou. A-And...why are you only asking this now? We've been together for for quite awhile."

"I guess...back at the Sports Festival I was so taken aback that you actually liked me I just rolled with it. I didn't want to ask questions and ruin it. I liked you, and you liked me. I didn't want to destroy that reality."

"But that is reality. Kyouka, I love you-"

"But why!? I just don't get it! I'm a tomboy, I can sometimes be a complete bitch, I'm not super smart, I have this sorry excuse for a feminine body. And you're so heroic, and kind, and cute. You're so amazing that All Might chose you to take his powers. I just don't get it Izuku!"

Izuku watch as Kyouka broke down and put her head in her hands. He couldn't stand seeing her like this. This was how he usually thinks. He didn't understand how she could like him. She had been hiding these insecurities all this time, and he never even said anything. Izuku knew she was sensitive about her body, but she hardly ever brought it up. He thought that she didn't think it was a big deal. But, now he knew they were real issues she had.

He should have seen it. Whenever there was a math problem Izuku knew Kyouka knew how to do and had done so many like beforehand, she still would second guess herself or ask Izuku for help even if she had done the work flawlessly. She never liked shopping for clothes, at least in front of Izuku. She must've thought she wouldn't look good in anything. Izuku highly disagreed with that. He thought Kyouka looked amazing in absolutely everything. She was wearing one of his favorite outifts too. Her Deep Dope tank top with a black tank top underneath, and black jean shorts. On their third official date, she had worn leather leggings and Izuku nearly had a heart attack when he saw her.