45

Author's Note: In my original publication of this book, Jungkook had given Yoongi the nickname Smeargle. Unfortunately, a lot of readers were confused and thought Smeargle was the character from LOTR. Smeargle is actually a Pokémon character. So to avoid any more confusion, Jungkook has renamed Yoongi. He is now Smeagol. And yes, Smeagol is the character from LOTR.

*********

Jungkook was upset.

Well, pissed off more like.

Yeah, very pissed off.

He was sitting in the spacious modern kitchen in Namjoon's apartment, watching Jin make lunch.

It made him happy to be in his Jin-hyung's company again.

He missed his Jinnie very much.

Unfortunately, Smeagol was also in the kitchen, supposedly helping Jin to cook, but all Jungkook had seen so far is the pale monster rubbing himself against his hyung, as if guarding his precious.

Just like his namesake Smeagol.

The only difference between this Smeagol and the real Smeagol was the lack of The One Ring to Rule Them All.

What Jungkook would give to have That Ring now so he could summon an army to carry Smeagol away.

It irritated Jungkook.

Just like with Frankenstein, Jungkook knew this man had a name.

And just like with Frankenstein, Jungkook refused to use it because he didn't like this man's uninvited presence in his hyung's life.

So he had christened this ghostly interloper with the name Smeagol.

Maybe it was time for him to take possession of his hyung, put his mark on him so everyone will back off.

After all, he saw Jin first.

Not Frankenstein.

And most definitely not Smea–

Oh, for fuck's sake! Did he just try to kiss my Jinnie?!

Jungkook got up from his stool and pushed himself in between Jin and Smeagol.

"Hey kid! Watch it!" Smeagol bellowed.

"What? I'm helping my hyung. What are you doing?"

Jungkook was ready to challenge this pale creature, and take him down.

"I'm helping him too!"

"That's not what I'm seeing. All you've done since you came in here is touch my hyung and rub up against him like a cat in heat."

"Jungkook!" Jin screeched.

But Smeagol was not having any of Jungkook's sass.

"Well Jin is–"

Jin slapped his hand over Smeagol's mouth, and rushed him out of the kitchen.

A few minutes later, Jin was back.

Without Smeagol.

And Jungkook smiled, thoroughly satisfied with the turn of events.